Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Message From The Queen.
My sister in-law emailed this one to me, it had me in stitches.Rofl

[Image: thequeen_zps93b06453.jpg]

A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your constant failure and complaining regarding the competence of all your nominated US presidents and thus not able to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

-----------------------

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

------------------------

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'

-------------------

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

-----------------

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

----------------------

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

----------------------

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

--------------------

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

-------------------

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

-------------------

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

---------------------

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

---------------------

11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

---------------------

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

--------------------

13.. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

-----------------

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

---------------

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!

Rainbowmum Wrote:Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

Invasion

Thank God. We will now all become part of the Dominion of Canada. The United Nations will be replaced by the the United Provinces of the World. We get to pick our own elected officials and bomb the five conglomerates who own every remaining news outlets. We blow up Wall St and we might actually avoid a Civil War.

God bless the queen. I would love to give wood to Harry. He is my kind of boy.

And do not forget the pharmaceutical will all go broke as pension and welfare recipients neve.r pay anymore that $6.00 per a script on PBS.

New England is about to get a lot larger...

Fantastic! Rofl

I don't think the Queen eats chips.

I hate potatoes anyway. Chips, crisps, mash, they can keep the lot.

Now that I've read this, I feel like I can die a happy man c:

It once took me like, 10 minutes to explain to a friend of mine in high school how someone could be black and English at the same time. I'm not joking. No joke, I'm not kidding.

Pengy I find that counter-intuitive.

Pengy I am so totally not going to do that.

Pengy I can trace my ancestry back to the colonists, who fought the English. I'm glad I don't share their religion, but really, without Thomas Jefferson I wouldn't be here today. I mean, really. In Lawrence Vs Texas it was the Supreme Court officials chosen by "Conservative" George W. Bush who struck down the "Sodomy" laws. Plus, I get work off on that day.

Pengy My dad just died an accidental death. Even though the forensics have already declared it an accident, the insurance company is trying to screw my mom out of the extra coverage life insurance from it being an accident. We're going to need a lawyer to make them STFU. People need therapy.

Pengy A fisher cat killed and ate my cat. I will not rest until I put a bullet into that overgrown weasel's... excuse me, living close to the woods, one tends to pick up the wilder streak of animals, perhaps the next time I run into a bobcat or mountain lion, we can settle our disputes over some tea. I've heard that's how the Alaskans settle their disputes with the grizzly bears, even that one grizzly bear that happened to get that mutation that turned it back to the ice age short faced bear making it gigantic and managed to eat a grown man's skull.

Pengy We already have roundabouts where I am.

Pengy Oh, F that to heck.

Pengy I've eaten them in vinegar before. It was an American who invented potato chips, we know what we're doing.

Pengy Maybe it's my Puritan ancestry talking, but I have a distaste for alcohol.

Pengy Patrick Stewart is my hero.

Pengy I have a brain that tells me not to play sports in conditions that are dangerous, no nancie, just, smart. In high school I didn't care what sport they were playing, as long as I had my locker room fantasy.

Pengy Paddles are for canoing, not hitting a ball.

Pengy That crazy Communist kid, then he got shot by this owner of a strip joint who thought he was doing his country a favOR, even though interrogation would have helped.

Pengy Seriously, King George was a nasty piece of work.

Pengy I put a mug with water in the microwave for a minute, then put a tea bag in it for two or three. We have technology.