Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Saddened Heart <3
Hello everyone,

Before I go any further please be advised that I am not trying to be selfish or that all I want is everything. I know exactly how I feel and what I type. So here goes nothing.

I've been with my High school sweetheart for already 9 years. I'm a 24 year old male and he is 29 years old. Our relationship right now is wonderful. We do almost everything together from playing video games (Tekken Tag or World of warcraft), we enjoy the same kind of things and have the same goals in life. We have the same friends and both our families have accepted us into their hearts as their sons. The thought of marriage has never occurred to us since our love is already pure. I on the other hand have never experienced anything with no other man besides him. Immediately after I broke up with my girlfriend in high school he came and swooped me into his arms. I did lie to him about my age since I had a fake I.D. Shortly within a month I confessed my true age which was just the brink of 16. He was already 20 years old. He was upset but we were already 3 months into the relationship. He ended up staying by my side. We've been living together since December 2004. We've been living alone since then. I already knew from the get go that I would have to rise up and mature to be at his level of maturity. We are the type of gay men that can sit down with each other have a glass of wine and enjoy the little things in life. He buys me whatever I want and provides me with security. Our sex life is not dead nor is it bad. It toned down a bit from earlier years but that is just common for the amount of time we've been together. So in a sense our sex life is not boring or dreadful. He is a down man for me and will not let me go down without a fight. In 2005 I ended up in a police run because I was speeding in the residential area and the cops were doing an investigation at a nearby neighbors house. I ended up doing a speed chase and eventually ditched the cops til my car died from the drastic turn I made. As the car died I was 1 house short from our place where I wanted to park our car in back of our house. However, the car couldn't start and the cops eventually pulled up and spotted the car. I had some marijuana on me and was scared to death because at the time I did not have a license. Being concerned he told me to go inside and jumped in the car as I watched the cops pull him out and force him to the ground. I was torn to pieces knowing that he could lose everything because I was to scared to fuss up to my crime. They ended up letting him go because my mother-in-law was one of the high ranker in the forensic department and it turned out my uncle was one of the cops conducting the investigation. I was so scared. At that moment though all I could think about was losing him and how it would devastate me if I couldn't see him any more. That said, he would lie for me and take the rap for me. He truly is a man. I on the other hand was the coward. Over the next few years we've been enjoying our lives, small petty arguments would never phase us. When we had big arguments we could never ever go to bed mad. In fact, we've never been separated more than 1 day. When he occasionally sleeps at my in-laws. I still get so much feeling and find him very attractive when I look at him near and far. I know he feels the same. Jealousy is something we have full control of. When we go out to the gay bars or hangouts we both get hit on but still stay true to one another. He thinks of me and I think of him every holiday. This Christmas he payed of my 2010 car and bought me my motorcycle of my dreams and bought me a new place we could call home. His life insurance and everything is all under my name. He loves me I know it. We never go a day without saying "I love You" we never end a phone conversation without saying "I love you" and we never depart ways without saying "I love you". I never cook but I do all the cleaning. I could honestly say he is everything a man could ever be. To show our love to the world he bought both of us custom made rings that gleam whether it be day or night. He agrees to almost everything I say, as do I. He always puts my love on top before anything else, as do I. Prior to me he had 1 ex-boyfriend, who ended becoming an acquaintance of mine, but he also had multiple sex partners when he was younger. 18,19 or so. We had an HIV test and std testing done and everything came out negative. He writes me letters and calls me up all the time with jokes and silly perversions that make me smile and giggle. He also really molded me to the man I am today. I'll be graduating from college with my law degree (I know right) and he already has a successful job. He really helped me make a lot of great decisions throughout my life and I could see this going on for more years to come. On random times he'll open up his arms and tuck me in them tightly as he tell me "I love you". I truly believe he places my needs before him, as I do. Again which is why I believe he is wonderful inside and out. The thing is I've been really feeling lately like I'm alone. All of our friends are all straight men and women (Lesbians included <3). Maybe I just need a gay friend to talk to about stuff IDK! I've been having strong vivid dreams of other men. They feel so real. When I wake up I'm left with wondering if it's my mind telling me to try something new. I understand that it's up to me on how I must act upon it. I just can take it no more. I try to tell myself everything will be ok and I have brought this up to him and he has been nothing but comforting to me. Is this because I committed to early? Am I trying to fill a piece of my life that was never there? Do I want to experience other thing? I dare not dwell in those emotion nor those questions. I asked him If I could try to go out by myself for some time and he agreed. So on a weekend I went out to a nearby gay bar and as I walked in attention fluttered my way. A feeling I got when I first met him. Men came up to me and asked if I was single, offered me drinks, and asked for a dance. I could only refuse them because I could not bare the thought of my hands and body inches to another man. Am I just scared to be with another? Attention was not what I was looking for. I'll admit though It made me feel sexy. I'm not going to say I'm hot or whatever the common gay slang is now and days. I'll just say that me and my other are young attractive men. When I came home he was asleep and I laid quietly down next to him and held him tightly because I was scared of the feeling I got. Why do I feel this way? I don't understand why I'm feeling these feelings. He provides me everything I need physically, emotionally, sexually, and mentally. I spoke to a close friend who is straight and he says that maybe I committed to early and now the maturity wall that I had up is starting to crumble and that I somehow want to fill the pieces I lost during my early commitment. Did I commit to early that I should have experienced everything else before committing? Am I just acting like a child? My love is so pure. I don't want to taint it. When I look at other single people I think of the fun they have not needing to let someone know when they are going and all the single stuff people do. On the downside, I also see that they eventually are going to want to be wanted and loved. I know it seems like my life's a mess or that I'm just a whiny spoiled brat and that I don't see when something that's good. I just want to be sure that I never hurt him. He does not deserve that kind of pain in his life. He's to good of a MAN... I grow sadder and sadder everyday, but I can't shake the feeling of wondering what if? So please someone if you've been in this situation or similar or just have advice I would gladly appreciate it. I know god sent me an angel but the devil keeps trying to draw me closer to the dark side. Again I know it's all on how you act upon it and the decisions you make as a person. However, I'm only human and I know that somehow our desires want to leave our bodies and creep into our minds.

My only advice is use paragraphs, people are much more likely to read your contribution if you do. Not being snarky, and since I'm not busy this afternoon ...

Hello everyone,

Before I go any further please be advised that I am not trying to be
selfish or that all I want is everything. I know exactly how I feel and
what I type. So here goes nothing.

I've been with my High school sweetheart for already 9 years. I'm a 24
year old male and he is 29 years old.

Our relationship right now is wonderful. We do almost everything
together from playing video games (Tekken Tag or World of warcraft),
we enjoy the same kind of things and have the same goals in life. We
have the same friends and both our families have accepted us into their
hearts as their sons. The thought of marriage has never occurred to us
since our love is already pure. I on the other hand have never
experienced anything with no other man besides him.

Immediately after I broke up with my girlfriend in high school he came
and swooped me into his arms. I did lie to him about my age since I had
a fake I.D. Shortly within a month I confessed my true age which was
just the brink of 16. He was already 20 years old. He was upset but we
were already 3 months into the relationship. He ended up staying by my
side. We've been living together since December 2004. We've been
living alone since then.

I already knew from the get go that I would have to rise up and mature
to be at his level of maturity. We are the type of gay men that can sit
down with each other have a glass of wine and enjoy the little things in
life. He buys me whatever I want and provides me with security. Our
sex life is not dead nor is it bad. It toned down a bit from earlier years
but that is just common for the amount of time we've been together. So
in a sense our sex life is not boring or dreadful.

He is a down man for me and will not let me go down without a fight. In
2005 I ended up in a police run because I was speeding in the
residential area and the cops were doing an investigation at a nearby
neighbors house. I ended up doing a speed chase and eventually
ditched the cops til my car died from the drastic turn I made. As the car
died I was 1 house short from our place where I wanted to park our car
in back of our house. However, the car couldn't start and the cops
eventually pulled up and spotted the car. I had some marijuana on me
and was scared to death because at the time I did not have a license.

Being concerned he told me to go inside and jumped in the car as I
watched the cops pull him out and force him to the ground. I was torn
to pieces knowing that he could lose everything because I was to
scared to fuss up to my crime. They ended up letting him go because
my mother-in-law was one of the high ranker in the forensic
department and it turned out my uncle was one of the cops conducting
the investigation. I was so scared. At that moment though all I could
think about was losing him and how it would devastate me if I couldn't
see him any more. That said, he would lie for me and take the rap for
me. He truly is a man. I on the other hand was the coward.

Over the next few years we've been enjoying our lives, small petty
arguments would never phase us. When we had big arguments we could
never ever go to bed mad. In fact, we've never been separated more
than 1 day. When he occasionally sleeps at my in-laws. I still get so
much feeling and find him very attractive when I look at him near and
far. I know he feels the same. Jealousy is something we have full
control of. When we go out to the gay bars or hangouts we both get hit
on but still stay true to one another.

He thinks of me and I think of him every holiday. This Christmas he
payed of my 2010 car and bought me my motorcycle of my dreams and
bought me a new place we could call home. His life insurance and
everything is all under my name. He loves me I know it. We never go a
day without saying "I love You" we never end a phone conversation
without saying "I love you" and we never depart ways without saying "I
love you". I never cook but I do all the cleaning. I could honestly say he
is everything a man could ever be. To show our love to the world he
bought both of us custom made rings that gleam whether it be day or
night. He agrees to almost everything I say, as do I. He always puts my
love on top before anything else, as do I.

Prior to me he had 1 ex-boyfriend, who ended becoming an
acquaintance of mine, but he also had multiple sex partners when he
was younger. 18,19 or so. We had an HIV test and std testing done and
everything came out negative. He writes me letters and calls me up all
the time with jokes and silly perversions that make me smile and
giggle. He also really molded me to the man I am today. I'll be
graduating from college with my law degree (I know right) and he
already has a successful job. He really helped me make a lot of great
decisions throughout my life and I could see this going on for more
years to come. On random times he'll open up his arms and tuck me in
them tightly as he tell me "I love you". I truly believe he places my
needs before him, as I do. Again which is why I believe he is wonderful
inside and out.

The thing is I've been really feeling lately like I'm alone. All of our
friends are all straight men and women (Lesbians included <3). Maybe I
just need a gay friend to talk to about stuff IDK! I've been having strong
vivid dreams of other men. They feel so real. When I wake up I'm left
with wondering if it's my mind telling me to try something new. I
understand that it's up to me on how I must act upon it. I just can take it
no more. I try to tell myself everything will be ok and I have brought
this up to him and he has been nothing but comforting to me. Is this
because I committed to early? Am I trying to fill a piece of my life that
was never there? Do I want to experience other thing? I dare not dwell
in those emotion nor those questions.

I asked him If I could try to go out by myself for some time and he
agreed. So on a weekend I went out to a nearby gay bar and as I
walked in attention fluttered my way. A feeling I got when I first met
him. Men came up to me and asked if I was single, offered me drinks,
and asked for a dance. I could only refuse them because I could not
bare the thought of my hands and body inches to another man. Am I just
scared to be with another? Attention was not what I was looking for. I'll
admit though It made me feel sexy. I'm not going to say I'm hot or
whatever the common gay slang is now and days. I'll just say that me
and my other are young attractive men. When I came home he was
asleep and I laid quietly down next to him and held him tightly because
I was scared of the feeling I got. Why do I feel this way?

I don't understand why I'm feeling these feelings. He provides me
everything I need physically, emotionally, sexually, and mentally. I
spoke to a close friend who is straight and he says that maybe I
committed to early and now the maturity wall that I had up is starting to
crumble and that I somehow want to fill the pieces I lost during my
early commitment. Did I commit to early that I should have experienced
everything else before committing? Am I just acting like a child? My
love is so pure. I don't want to taint it. When I look at other single
people I think of the fun they have not needing to let someone know
when they are going and all the single stuff people do. On the
downside, I also see that they eventually are going to want to be
wanted and loved.

I know it seems like my life's a mess or that I'm just a whiny spoiled
brat and that I don't see when something that's good. I just want to be
sure that I never hurt him. He does not deserve that kind of pain in his
life. He's to good of a MAN... I grow sadder and sadder everyday, but I
can't shake the feeling of wondering what if? So please someone if
you've been in this situation or similar or just have advice I would
gladly appreciate it. I know god sent me an angel but the devil keeps
trying to draw me closer to the dark side. Again I know it's all on how
you act upon it and the decisions you make as a person. However, I'm
only human and I know that somehow our desires want to leave our
bodies and creep into our minds.

Sorry I can't venture any advice on your actual predicament, there aren't many situations where I feel qualified to do so, but I can improve your chances that someone else will offer some.

You have in-laws? Have I misread/misunderstood?

With your first relationship and, being young it's natural to wonder if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence so to speak.

Here it sounds like you're best of eating the hay and grain you have and, just looking wistfully at the green grass you can't have.

Now I'm too old to think any relationship is 100% ideal 100% of the time, so, if there is something you feel you need and are not getting, talk to him. Want to try some kink, talk about it, pick something and do it.

You sound like you have the base built for a lifetime, sure ups, downs, tears, laughter, all of it. Just keep the communication going and don't smother each other. You will both grow and change but, with a little effort and a lot of communication, you can do that together.

Greener grass is exactly what I was thinking too.

From the standpoint of a young person in a long term committed relationship, sure, those young singles look like they're having a good time and never need to tell consult with anyone else about their plans for the night.

But sometimes with that FREEDOM comes loneliness. And I can tell you personally, having spent most of my life single, free and lonely that a lot of those young single people yearn to be part of a long term committed relationship. They want the security, the stability, the support, etc.

I think it's normal and natural to admire what seems to be the greener grass on the other side of the fence--especially after a certain amount of time. People talk about the Seven Year Itch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_year_itch

I'd probably just try to be happy with my lot in life and stop "coveting" what other people have (to twist the expression a little).

Hope that helps.

Well, to me there is this "seven year itch" thing, possibly, but maybe also with the realisation that you are about to embark on your life journey as a working adult, you are maybe getting worried about what lies in the future for you. What is also possible is that you are suffering from a mild (?) bout of depression, or some uncomfortable anxiety. Maybe you should look into it, talk to your doctor, but especially, talk to your boyfriend.

Since you do not want to hurt him, is there a chance that you might ask for an open relationship, one in which you both agree that you can have sexual (and emotional ?) experiences outside the couple with other people?

Maybe you are just a little bored with your sex life and you've grown a little too accustomed to what you've got. You are at least aware that you might break it all by misbehaving, should you be caught out misbehaving, and that awareness has kept you safe (as has his obvious love for you).

As you said yourself, you are only a few months (weeks ?) from graduating with your law diploma. You'll then be starting a business life, surely, a life which hopefully might give you the new stimuli you seem to be craving. It didn't sound like you were really needing another man in your life, as your present boyfriend seems to give you everything you need in terms of emotional stability, but fantasies are normal in everyone. I suppose that most sex therapists, or couple counsellors would tell you to try to spice up your emotional and sex lives by getting out of the routine and the rut, by inventing new ways of seducing each other. Maybe it means trying not to be with each other for a while, maybe it means leaving sex out of your daily / weekly routine so that the next time it happens it's really a vivid experience again. I don't know how this works, but I'm sure it's very different for everybody, and it probably depends on age and sex drive too.

What you haven't actually mentioned is whether you've already explained and discussed this 'dissatisfaction' or hankering to / with your boyfriend, and what his personal thoughts were about it.

Maybe you need to let in some new people in your lives, or maybe you need to find some new outlets for pent up energy. Has using that energy to help out other people crossed your mind, by any chance? Would it be possible for you to devote some of your time to a charity? Maybe you need to see how much actual time you'll have on your hands before you decide to do that.

I'm not sure you need another man in your life but maybe a little novelty, which could be fulfilled in many ways that don't resort to 'infidelity'. Find out what new activity you could do, one that you won't do together. You should both be finding things to do that the other doesn't do, things that feed your conversations in the evening when you come home, because they'll give you something a bit unique.
Hope you manage to sort it out.
Take care.

Thanks Cardiganwearer for breaking down the initial post into paragraphs. The info was easier to take in. I hope I didn't misread it.

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about how your world is slowly going... May aunty consider maybe going on a date thing again with your boyfriend. What I think would be good is having seperate interests as well as the same because you have a lot in common and sometimes this isnt always healthy. I would highly recommend this... Or maybe even one weekend go and stay with your family as the heart grows fonder and leave him at the home. I want to tell you now that he sounds a fantastic boyfriend and the fact that he took the rap from the law to protect you.... That shows loyalty and i dont know of any gay man that would do that for me. If the sex has lacked off a little i think getting it back up is also good and may actually stop the dreams because it may be subconciously that your becoming sexually fustrated inside... It is better to have one doting partner like him that you know is negative and if you wanted if you dont already u can have intercourse without protection because your both closed and so on...

Dont give up in this mista is my advice because you could leave him and realise the grass isnt greener and your next partner could be someone who could turn out to be someone from hell and if he met someone you could find yourself never going back

big hugz

aunty zeon xx

You've been given a castle and a king. Men have killed themselves in search of those treasures.

What lies beyond the silver gates?
Exile.

If you choose to leave this castle of yours which is already rare enough I might add. Your castle may very well collapse. Or the king will close his gates to you and exile you from the castle. You want to find another castle? what if the rest of the world is a barren desert? You'll simply be lost forever, or you'll have to make due with a little sandcastle constantly remembering your old castle and how good that castle was to you. but on the other side. what if the world is full of bigger greater castles?

I have yet to find a castle. Do you dare to venture out from your daily life and jeapordize it all for a little something different?

Dangerous i say. Really dangerous.

I would never leave the castle but that's just me.

-----

You can't have your cake and eat it.

I think Killer is well aware of his good luck and also well aware that his saddened heart is not altogether healthy. Is it temptation? Or is he just undergoing some profound mood change?

I will just throw this out there. Keep in mind I have very little relationship experience myself.

Perhaps you and your boyfriend should go to the gay bar together. Maybe the introduction of a third person into your nest would spice things up and boost your sex life? Not only does this let you explore your feelings but your boyfriend gets to explore it with you.