Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bear and her 5 cubs share a family's swimming pool
Looks as if they're enjoying themselves. See the second part of the video at the end of part 1.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

We are on the far far far range of bear country. But every year for the past 10 a momma bear we know as Penny (for her copper color) brings her fat ass cubs out here on the grass lands. She's smart. The #1 killer of bear cubs is horny male bears. This year Penny has THREE cubs. Last I heard they're only 12 miles east and heading back this way on their way to the Hills to den up for winter.

I've only seen Penny once, two years ago, with two cubs, digging down in prairie dog holes. If they ever show up around here they can talk me into giving them a cushy place to hibernate.

Virge Wrote:We are on the far far far range of bear country. But every year for the past 10 a momma bear we know as Penny (for her copper color) brings her fat ass cubs out here on the grass lands. She's smart. The #1 killer of bear cubs is horny male bears. This year Penny has THREE cubs. Last I heard they're only 12 miles east and heading back this way on their way to the Hills to den up for winter.

I've only seen Penny once, two years ago, with two cubs, digging down in prairie dog holes. If they ever show up around here they can talk me into giving them a cushy place to hibernate.

Interesting. I never knew that they could have up to five cubs. For the mother bear to bring up and rear five cubs to maturity must be quite a feat. Kudos to her.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams