Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A certain guy I like. Advice?
Hey everyone. I haven't posted in a pretty long time. But basically I need some advice. There is this guy I just met on okcupid. However, he goes to my school. We seem to really have a lot in common, not least of which is our obsession of Ursula from The Little Mermaid. He seems a lot like me in many respects. So I feel really attracted to him. Plus he is adorable.

So basically my question is, How do I "come on" to him without looking really creepy and stuff? Like I want to get to know him more but I'm terrible at that stuff. Should I make a move like my friend has suggested, or wait for a bit?

Sorry. There's no guide book for this. The best way is to let things develop on their on without all sorts of expectations on your part. Go with the flow. Keep your expectations low and you'll seldom be disappointed and surprised a lot more often.

Virge Wrote:Sorry. There's no guide book for this. The best way is to let things develop on their on without all sorts of expectations on your part. Go with the flow. Keep your expectations low and you'll seldom be disappointed and surprised a lot more often.

that's probably one of the best advice you've provided

What do you mean by "come on to" … Why can't you just say, "Hey its nice getting to know you, wana meet up for coffee sometime?" and take it from there?

Be upfront, forward, confidant, and not creepy. Be honest. If you're a little nervous, it's ok to admit it ONCE or twice... don't dwell on it the whole night.

"I like you. I think you're interesting. I want to get to know you better. How about _________ this Saturday?" ... IN PERSON. Look him in the eye. No Texts. No e-mails. No Facebook.

Don't be one of those wishy washy stare at the floor, "... wanna hang out sometime???... if you're not busy... it'll probably suck... but if you wanna, you could maybe call me sometime?..." types.

Have something respectable planned. Dinner. Movie. Mini-Golf. Ice Skating... Something that COULD be "romantic" if it leans that way, or purely platonic if it doesn't. TALK. Ask Questions. Listen. Don't talk about your insecurities, things that piss you off, about your ex(s), guys you've slept with, how much you hate school/your job...

Be prepared to pay. Insist on it. Pick him up at his place. Wear something nice. A single flower would be a nice touch, but perhaps a little over the top.

If you want something in life... go for it. I guarantee you do all this ^^^ and you will be the one he compares all other dates to in the future.

trywait Wrote:that's probably one of the best advice you've provided

Thanks Trywait... I can't take credit for it. It's what the jerk I'm marrying in July told me when I was 20 and acting 15 about him.

Borg69 Wrote:Be upfront, forward, confidant, and not creepy. Be honest. If you're a little nervous, it's ok to admit it ONCE or twice... don't dwell on it the whole night.

"I like you. I think you're interesting. I want to get to know you better. How about _________ this Saturday?" ... IN PERSON. Look him in the eye. No Texts. No e-mails. No Facebook.

Don't be one of those wishy washy stare at the floor, "... wanna hang out sometime???... if you're not busy... it'll probably suck... but if you wanna, you could maybe call me sometime?..." types.

Have something respectable planned. Dinner. Movie. Mini-Golf. Ice Skating... Something that COULD be "romantic" if it leans that way, or purely platonic if it doesn't. TALK. Ask Questions. Listen. Don't talk about your insecurities, things that piss you off, about your ex(s), guys you've slept with, how much you hate school/your job...

Be prepared to pay. Insist on it. Pick him up at his place. Wear something nice. A single flower would be a nice touch, but perhaps a little over the top.

If you want something in life... go for it. I guarantee you do all this ^^^ and you will be the one he compares all other dates to in the future.
Thanks Borg69, that's really good advice. I should mention that I have been talking to him on Facebook and text too. So that has been cool. Smile

You guys met on okcupid, so you both are looking for someone. So it shouldn't be a big deal to meet because that's the point of dating websites, connecting people to other people to date.

Once you guys meet, follow Borg69 advice. Be confident but mostly be yourself. You don't want to paint a picture of yourself that isn't true.

livingproof Wrote:Thanks Borg69, that's really good advice. I should mention that I have been talking to him on Facebook and text too. So that has been cool. Smile

It's a foot in the door... now drag this relationship into the real, 3D world. Interact with him in person. Don't rely on text chats to communicate.

Borg69 Wrote:It's a foot in the door... now drag this relationship into the real, 3D world. Interact with him in person. Don't rely on text chats to communicate.
Yep! We are hanging Friday :3