Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A fourteen year old and a 20 year old.
Its great that you have found love , but If you love him sometimes you gotta let him go , unless you can wait until you are 18 . If you went for it now , he would become a peodophile from the point of view of the law . I'm sure you wouldn't want that for himas he has his whole life ahead of him like you do. In my view he ( being the eldest ) should take the responsibiltiy and sort it , even if that does mean calling it off .

I messed around with 20-25 year olds when I was that age and it might be good sex but the chances are slim to none that he will actually "love" you in the long term. Even at my age I cannot imagine being in a relationship or even close friends with a 14-15 year old

Anonymous Wrote:I really am in love with this guy, and he loves me back. He's 20, we met online, i've met him in real life, we jerked off on camera together, and we just plain love eachother.
He says that if I want I can wait till I'm eighteen, but I really don't want to, and he says he doesn't really want to either.
I do believe love is love, no matter is you're in love with a pigeon, as long as it loves you back.
I just really wanted to get it out.
I feel like I'm a bad person.

you gotta be careful! because he is over 18 and you aren't, it's really against the LAW because you are still a minor. My advice, wait. But if you want to take the chance. GOOD LUCK MY GOOD FRIEND! :heartline:

I notice a lot of people saying how much this is against the law, and although some have qualified their statements by referring to locale, it is slighltly rubbing me up the wrong way the number of people who are effectively saying "wait until 18 because otherwise it is against the law".

The age of consent for gay sex in Scotland is 16 (as are civil partnerships - Gay "equivalent" of marriage. I have a vague recolletion it is 18 in England - Isn't the UK weird!). In some other European countries the age is lower (e.g. Spain is as low as 13, many other European countries have 14 or 15 - Many also have a limit in age difference as well when one party is young), in other parts of the world the age is higher, or illegal life long.

So, unless you know where the original poster is from then saying, without qualification, that it is illegal is being somewhat ignorant of the possibilities.

As for the photography aspect. In the UK it is illegal to possess (or produce) photography of a sexual nature of a minor (under 18). So, even if the people are above the age of consent, it may still be illegal to take pictures of a consenting act, e.g. mutual masterbation.

Anyway, rant over. I'm just trying to be helpful by ensuring that the guidance is as effective as possible and not just going down one particular locale's cultural/legal norms when we don't actually know what the locale is.

colinmackay Wrote:The age of consent for gay sex in Scotland is 16 (as are civil partnerships - Gay "equivalent" of marriage. I have a vague recolletion it is 18 in England - Isn't the UK weird!).

The age of consent for gay sex in England & Wales is 16 (although it used to be 18). Marriage and Civil Partnerships are possible from 16 with parental consent without it one can either wait till 18 or elope to Gretna Green (the most Southerly parish in Scotland).

The U.K. is only weird like that because you lot insisted on keeping your laws and courts ;o)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:elope to Gretna Green (the most Southerly parish in Scotland).

My aunt and uncle decided to get married there a few years back on a spur of the moment thing whilst coming back up to visit family!!

My boyfriend confessed recently to having slept with a 16 year old about 6 years ago (making him 24 then) and I really blew my top over that truth. They met in a club and apparently he seemed older, and worked under that impression; anyone who's seen the movie Trainspotting - something like that nightclub scene.

I hated it. The thought of him being with someone so young. He could've checked or asked, and his excuse was "shit happens", pretty cold. I really upset him over that, gave him quite the cold shoulder. There's just some things that aren't acceptable to me, even though they were consenting adults. Actually that's kinda my bugbear - in truth I don't consider 16 to be anywhere near truly adult; but teens sleeping with teens is fine to me. When I was 24 I would never have fucked someone still in school; it's just icky and everyone knows it.

In summary - I'd either wait or hook up with someone your own age. It causes a lot of grief for your partner and chances are nobody but yourselves is gonna understand.

It sounds to me like a simple misunderstanding, and that no one who was directly involved at the time got hurt. x)

In a general sense I suppose I can agree with the principle of significant age gaps being a reason not to go forward with such things. However, I can safely say that I am witness to two such relationships that are among the healthiest relationships I have yet observed.

Presumably those who are warning against breaking the law would have also advised any gay man in the UK not to have had sex at all before 1967.....? And gay sex was only made legal in India last year - yes 2009, so what would have been the advice we would have given to a gay man in India - get married to a woman, it's safer! There are still 10 countries in the world where homosexual activity carries the death penalty. I don't think we should respect the law in an unquestioning way.

it's just that when your young you don't have the life experience of a 20something. There for your perception of love isn't fully formed. As someone that hasn't experienced life as much as an adult your expectations and needs will be vastly different. I'm not saying that your immature, your depth may be what is interesting this guy but while you might be mature in one or two aspects you probably cant relate in other areas.