Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A multipurpose herb oil great for skin issues
I make no claims to the veracity of what is claimed here, I'm just posting it in case it might help some people:

http://www.carvacrol.co/eczema-can-be-he...o-oil.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

if that helps it is a great treatment!

i suffered an itchy skin so much that i couldnt slept at all. i dont know if it was an infection or the bad air inside (old building and mold problems etc), eczema or whatever the diagnosis was, but it was terrible. i woke up at nights and didnt get to sleep because it was itching my face so much. i had to wash my face, used cortisone, aloe vera, ate allergy drugs to prevent me scratching my face all the time. finally i started using some liquid on the skin to get the pH level higher on my skin and it finally healed. took couple of years before i managed to fix it by myself (doctors were ehm.. useless... and only giving new drugs).

if you have an itchy skin (face, skull) dont use soap! if you need to use, use some gently one and remember to use some mild (unparfumed) only basic cream after the shower. i dont wash my hair with shampoo anymore... only once a week... but i use baking soda and rinse my hair with vinegar or just use water to wash them. even my barber was amazed how good and healthy my skin is. i dont use any hair mousse / gel / clue or so anymore, i just use some aloe vera gel to get my hair as i want. and it works! a good thing is that i can wash it away with a water. my hairs are pretty thick and hard to get to any shape, but the aloe vera gel works. all clues, i have, are probably already aged so much that i can throw them away.

the less chemicals the healthier my skin is. if i use any normal soap to wash my hair im like a monkey scratching my head all the time. only once a week i use some tar based shampoo which doesnt cause any itching.

i have had so many unslept nights and tried everything. nowadays i dont need any drugs or cortisone. my skin is healthy and i dont have to scrath myself all the time.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Power of Oregano Oil
The germ killing ability of this oil lies in its powerful chemical compounds. Oregano oil contains flavonoids, phytochemicals and phenols that can kill all types of harmful microbes. Carvacrol and thymol are the two main active agents.

Aside from that, this essential oil also contains significant amounts of minerals, vitamins and trace elements that will help strengthen the body’s immune response to many types of disease. This oil has been found to kill the most drug resistant bacteria, MRSA. It is also used to control the growth of cancer cells, parasites and other destructive microbes.

Beyond the actual factibility of it, that will be left at the discretion of the reader upon searching for the source of the info that the article summarizes, it's this bit that I like about it: they're being SPECIFIC and telling me the exact nature of the treatment.

It would be even nicer if they linked me to the sources, i.e. to scientific papers that summarize the research they mention, but hey, they've given me the name of the chemicals so I can certainly go on PubMed and search for myself.

THAT is very close to being proper science talk, folks. The article is good.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

When the article speaks of oregano oil, it refers to essential oil of oregano, which is distilled from the aerial parts of Origanum vulgare, and this is not to be confused with someone infusing oregano leaves into a carrier oil. It is a very potent substance.

You always want to dilute essential oils before use. You would not want to put drops of any essential oils or tinctures directly under your tongue, because it is too potent and will blow out your capillaries over time. Dilute it in something first.

If you use essential oil of oregano externally, diluting it in some kind of oil makes sense. Just be prepared to exude a strong smell of oregano wherever you go.

I produce easily 1000 origanum vulgare plants a year for sale around my state. There are a lot of cultivars grown for their flavors desired in cooking. I don't know of any cultivar specifically produced for essential oil production. The article claims origanum vulgare is wild oregano, but I would caution against using something called wild oregano for these purposes. There are many plants called wild oregano that are not origanum vulgare. I would hazard a guess that most essential oil of oregano is derived from cultivated crops of Greek oregano.

I have had something diagnosed as eczema for years. In the course of it, I have seen a general practitioner, an endocrinologist, two dermatologists, two podiatrists and an oncologist. Not a single one of them has mentioned an oregano oil product. I wonder why?

Perhaps we should all just eat more spaghetti sauce.
I bid NO Trump!

Insertnamehere Wrote:[B]Power of Oregano Oil
The germ killing ability of this oil lies in its powerful chemical compounds. Oregano oil contains flavonoids, phytochemicals and phenols that can kill all types of harmful microbes. Carvacrol and thymol are the two main active agents. ....

It would be even nicer if they linked me to the sources, i.e. to scientific papers that summarize the research they mention, but hey, they've given me the name of the chemicals so I can certainly go on PubMed and search for myself.

THAT is very close to being proper science talk, folks. The article is good.

to be honest, this or that site is not for scientific literatures and discussions and hence missing alot scientific facts. e.g. references...

the site (linked here) is a typical, build badly, site for selling stuff: starting with phenomenal headline then some nice but odd words (phenols...) added some familiar "trend-word" (flavonoids) and then cooked with some kind of mumbo jumbo. the product must be good. right?

but... it doesnt change that herbal oils have been studied alot in a scientific world and found that some them working well to prohibit bacteria/fungal/.. growing and they are working antibacterial way. Some oils are toxic or atleast irritating to human on that concentration and in lower level has alittle if any antibacterial effect left. For example plants and oregon:

[i]Mahady GB. Medicinal plants for the prevention and the treatment of bacterial infections. Curr Pharm Des 2005;11:2405 - 27

Ultee A, et al., The phenolic hydroxyl group of carvacrol is essential for action against the food-borne pathogen Bacillus cereus. Appl Environ Microbiol 2002;68:1561 - 8.

the resin salve (from norway spruce) had been use to cure skin wounds for hundred of years here in north without any scientific literature until now it has been studied even with patients and written those missing scientific papers, e.g.:

Rautio M et al., Antibacterial effects of home-made resin salve from Norway spruce (Picea abies). APMIS 2007; 115:335-40.

Sipponen A, Et al., Resin salve from Norway spruce - a potential method to treat infected chronic skin ulcers? Drug Metab Let 2007(b);I:143-5.

Sipponen A, et al., Resin salve from the Norwegian spruce tree: a »novel» method for the treatment of chronic wounds. J Wound Care 2007(a);1672-4.

going back to the 90's without scientific papers, the resin from the norway spruce, wouldnt have worked? today even some doctors use it to cure skin problems althought it is still abit mumbo jumbo here if you ask about it from your doctor.

but i do understand what you mean. the linked site looks like im reading mumbo jumbo because im trained to search references at first and if they are missing, i can throw the paper (or the site) to a carbage bin on the same way as you have told to read "scientific papers" for caution published by certain countries.

the annoying thing here is that people are buying anything without hesitating. you can tell whatever rubbish when using odd words and wear a white jacket. it must be good. the things is, you and i are reading or listening those same words differently and searching the source for every sentences, tables, pics, graphs... none of them can be missing or you are standing on your toes and asking from yourself "where that came from?".

and the thing is, that if you want to know more, you always have to find the answer by yourself when you are out of your lab. a real world and a scientific world have differend rules. mumbo jumbo is accepted here but if you are telling fairytales in your lab, you are nailed.

almost none of those pages selling something dont have any references on their sites. and it gets even nastier when unoccupied mommies at home start writing blogs.

Anyone remember "Lorenzo's Oil", the movie that documented two laymens battle with scientists in order to find a cure for their son's illness?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo's_Oil
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I am not 100% here, but I believe we have a protective layer of bacteria (Staphylococcus epidermis). Treating your skin with potent nonselective antibiotics will kill those too, which makes our skin much more vulnerable to infection from harmful bacteria or fungi. Many bacteria compete with each other for space and nutrients, some accomplish this by releasing chemicals that are toxic to other bacteria.

mrex Wrote:to be honest, this or that site is not for scientific literatures and discussions and hence missing alot scientific facts. e.g. references...

I did mention the lack of sources as a problem, you know? Just in case you missed it Big Grin

mrex Wrote:the site (linked here) is a typical, build badly, site for selling stuff: starting with phenomenal headline then some nice but odd words (phenols...) added some familiar "trend-word" (flavonoids) and then cooked with some kind of mumbo jumbo. the product must be good. right?

but i do understand what you mean. the linked site looks like im reading mumbo jumbo because im trained to search references at first and if they are missing, i can throw the paper (or the site) to a carbage bin on the same way as you have told to read "scientific papers" for caution published by certain countries.

Nope, what I said is that given the lack of references, the redeeming aspect of the article is specificity.

The second I read a specific chemical, I have a tool for discerning whether what is being stated is true or not.

I go to NCBI, ERPA, PubMed and Journal on biochemicals and I start digging for papers that summarize research on oregano oil extracts and the chemicals isolated from it. What's in there and what it does.

If the article spoke of something on the lines of what Camfer said (with all due respect) then you can throw it in the trash. "Essential oil" doesn't say anything to me.

Hell, even generalizations like "flavonoids" and "phytochemicals" don't say anything to me.

Carvacrol, thymol do.

That, I can search: What are those? What do they do? Are they even real? What does the molecule look like? What research has been done on it and what conclusions did that research get to?

Because that is specific and the more specific an article goes the easier you can prove or disprove it. That why I say the article comes close to proper science talk (I should have added, though, as close as non-scientific folks can get to proper science talk). All it's missing is the papers that serve as source.

mrex Wrote:the annoying thing here is that people are buying anything without hesitating. you can tell whatever rubbish when using odd words and wear a white jacket. it must be good. the things is, you and i are reading or listening those same words differently and searching the source for every sentences, tables, pics, graphs... none of them can be missing or you are standing on your toes and asking from yourself "where that came from?".

and the thing is, that if you want to know more, you always have to find the answer by yourself when you are out of your lab. a real world and a scientific world have differend rules. mumbo jumbo is accepted here but if you are telling fairytales in your lab, you are nailed.

almost none of those pages selling something dont have any references on their sites. and it gets even nastier when unoccupied mommies at home start writing blogs

I dunno about you, but the article has failed in selling me anything.

While I agree that the internet is filled with the most outrageous amount of nonsense that anyone can write, it's key to pick up important bits of information that you can use.

In this case, when specific chemical names appear, the job is on you to use those names and discern whether what is being said is veridic.

This is different that if the article said "rub oregano on your eczema" cause that really doesn't have anything going on.

If people don't use that info and fall into ridiculous marketing, then the fault is theirs.

Now, does the article stand for any truth? I don't know. I won't know until I have conducted a search for any papers that talk about it. But I know where and what to look, because the article provides you with this with this pivotal information.

Wouldn't you agree?
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

there are always LOTS of people making their decisions just by looking that site and already have an opinion. some of them have even clicked the buy-button. they dont care references, or names of compounds to look info or whatever. that is the difference between people to whom that site is aimed and e.g. you or me. and that is the thing between a real world and a scientific world. that site wasnt aimed to you - they know they dont get you to buy anything from them.

Quote:If people don't use that info and fall into ridiculous marketing, then the fault is theirs.

a reason why so called natural products sell well and people pay good money on that area. stores live well.