Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new dream thread.
Wolf Wrote:There are very few dreams that i can remember, but most mornings i can recall that i had one or more that night, usually every night. But upon waking the memories of the content usually vanish within seconds. What could i do to hold onto it? I'd be interested in sharing if i could remember them.

This is gonna sound weird. And it's gonna take some practice.

Smile

Keep a notepad next to your bed--somewhere where you can easily reached it without getting up and moving your head and body.

It SEEMS, most people remember the details of their dreams UNTIL THEY MOVE THEIR HEAD, and then, like shaking an Etch-a-Sketch, it gets erased.

So the idea is, just as you wake up, before you even open your eyes, you recollect some images of your dream, you then gently reach over to your notepad and just start writing--right there in the DARK--forget about wasting time turning on lights and such--just start writing down some details so that you can remember them.

Later, after you've showered and had some coffee, go back to your notepad and let those writings cue more memories of the dream and write out as much as you can remember in a dream journal--or even right here on this thread.

Smile

Good luck.

I love dreams!
A number of years ago I got really good at remembering/recalling dreams every night, and kept a dream-log/journal.
I also had some 'lucid dreams' (nothing is more awesome than the feeling that gives!), and plenty of times I could control stuff within a dream (even if not lucid...(again cool stuff!))

Anymore I'm lucky to even remember parts of a dream, but back at that time I was able to get allot more sleep than now ... which other than practice is the big big key Smile - If you can spend 9 hours/day in bed it really does cool stuff for dreams

Back then I also used to read a couple different internet dream newsgroups at minimum every weekend.

I miss those days (or shall I say nights LOL Smile )

LateBloomer Wrote:Never? Can you remember one or two from childhood?

Some people are just more tuned in this way. It takes some practice to "raise your antenna". Journals work well; and meditation. If you can tap into your dreams they can provide a good source of feedback about your daily life. If you have any interest you can start today.

i sometimes remember them, but i dont remember them everyday.

LateBloomer Wrote:And you?

Do you lack emotion in your dream with a "straight" face? Or is it everyone else?

i am usually the one with the only expression. everyone else is just dead, no emotions no souls.

i cant recall last nights dream because i forgot to write it down the moment i woke up (it was a very busy morning. i will try again tonight

72jay Wrote:I love dreams!
A number of years ago I got really good at remembering/recalling dreams every night, and kept a dream-log/journal.
I also had some 'lucid dreams' (nothing is more awesome than the feeling that gives!), and plenty of times I could control stuff within a dream (even if not lucid...(again cool stuff!))

Anymore I'm lucky to even remember parts of a dream, but back at that time I was able to get allot more sleep than now ... which other than practice is the big big key Smile - If you can spend 9 hours/day in bed it really does cool stuff for dreams

Back then I also used to read a couple different internet dream newsgroups at minimum every weekend.

I miss those days (or shall I say nights LOL Smile )

Cool, Maybe this thread will inspire you to get back in to it.

Smile

ManicLewis21 Wrote:i am usually the one with the only expression. everyone else is just dead, no emotions no souls.

i cant recall last nights dream because i forgot to write it down the moment i woke up (it was a very busy morning. i will try again tonight

So all the "straight" faces are dead, no souls.

But you express yourself in this group.

Do you get the feeling they're listening? Or paying attention? Who are they? Other males? Or mixed males and females? Ages? Where does this dream take place?

LateBloomer Wrote:Generally the experts say the reason why we have "repeat dreams" is because our unconscious mind is working on a problem it hasn't resolved yet. When you finally resolve the problem then you'll stop having this dream.

But I love the symbology in this dream. It's very centralized and elevated and you are on top. Happy.

Smile

Can you share more of the setting?
Type of chair?
Who put it there?
How do you get there?
What time of day? Morning? Evening?
Weather? Sunny? Cloudy?
What do you observe besides the city itself?
Anyone else there?

The Chair is Blue antic looks almost like http://www.google.se/imgres?q=bl%C3%A5a+...41&bih=668
Who put the chair i dont know, i dream that i just sit there, where i and the chair is just placed there, and how and it and me got there is unknown
I think its noon, The sun and the moon is at top, both close to each other but no eclipse
Its rather sunny, within a radius of 50 meter atleast, then its cloudy all around, like a hole of a Bagel, or the eye of a storm (Tornado)
I just sits there, eating a bowl of cornflakes with a big grin on my face, when i think about it my eyes are abit red, like if i was high and had the munchies, but i do not feel like it in the dream, i just sit there up just eating, only me, all alone, and the bowl NEVER gets empty

Aester Wrote:The Chair is Blue antic looks almost like http://www.google.se/imgres?q=bl%C3%A5a+...41&bih=668
Who put the chair i dont know, i dream that i just sit there, where i and the chair is just placed there, and how and it and me got there is unknown
I think its noon, The sun and the moon is at top, both close to each other but no eclipse
Its rather sunny, within a radius of 50 meter atleast, then its cloudy all around, like a hole of a Bagel, or the eye of a storm (Tornado)
I just sits there, eating a bowl of cornflakes with a big grin on my face, when i think about it my eyes are abit red, like if i was high and had the munchies, but i do not feel like it in the dream, i just sit there up just eating, only me, all alone, and the bowl NEVER gets empty

I'm loving this dream so far, thanks very much for sharing it with me.

In particular, so far, I'm fascinated by the presence of the sun and moon together (yin and yang?), the hole in the clouds, the "centricity" of the whole setting...and the never empty cereal bowl.

But I've had a hell of a long day and need some rest. Hopefully my unconscious mind will work on this one a little bit while I sleep. I think I need to ask more questions...

The color blue could be significant, I'll dig into my books later and let's see if anything strikes a nerve for you.

Also, are you an only child? Any brothers or sisters?
Thanks again for sharing.
Smile

Thanks for creating the topic, I know for a fact that my dreams are usually indicative of feelings/emotions that my subconscious doesn't tell me.

I used to have dreams not exactly repeated but the theme was the same every time and I came to realize it was my unhappiness over my family, and my desire for harmony for my family which is not likely.
I have a lot of extremely vivid dreams where there are tons of details apparent. I'll write down new dreams but there's one recently I'd like to review with you personally if you care to,
Thanks

LateBloomer Wrote:
72jay Wrote:I love dreams!

Anymore I'm lucky to even remember parts of a dream, but back at that time I was able to get allot more sleep than now ... which other than practice is the big big key - If you can spend 9 hours/day in bed it really does cool stuff for dreams

I miss those days (or shall I say nights LOL )
Cool, Maybe this thread will inspire you to get back in to it.
Smile
I'd love to, so yep hopefully Smile
Plus now that summer's over I'll sleep better too, and hopefully be able to get more as well
(love summer - favorite season, but those times when you go to bed & the bedroom temperature is above 90F (32C) makes it a bit hard to sleep LOL)
One of these days I should also check & see if those dream newsgroups are still active too...