Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new dream thread.
Story Wrote:Thanks for creating the topic, I know for a fact that my dreams are usually indicative of feelings/emotions that my subconscious doesn't tell me.

I used to have dreams not exactly repeated but the theme was the same every time and I came to realize it was my unhappiness over my family, and my desire for harmony for my family which is not likely.
I have a lot of extremely vivid dreams where there are tons of details apparent. I'll write down new dreams but there's one recently I'd like to review with you personally if you care to,
Thanks

Yeah, I never experienced recurring dreams either but rather recurring themes. Very interesting.

I sent you a PM.

72jay Wrote:I'd love to, so yep hopefully Smile
Plus now that summer's over I'll sleep better too, and hopefully be able to get more as well
(love summer - favorite season, but those times when you go to bed & the bedroom temperature is above 90F (32C) makes it a bit hard to sleep LOL)
One of these days I should also check & see if those dream newsgroups are still active too...

Excellent.

Looking forward to your contribution.

I can't sleep when it's too hot either...

<pant>
Confusedmile:

LateBloomer Wrote:I'm loving this dream so far, thanks very much for sharing it with me.

In particular, so far, I'm fascinated by the presence of the sun and moon together (yin and yang?), the hole in the clouds, the "centricity" of the whole setting...and the never empty cereal bowl.

But I've had a hell of a long day and need some rest. Hopefully my unconscious mind will work on this one a little bit while I sleep. I think I need to ask more questions...

The color blue could be significant, I'll dig into my books later and let's see if anything strikes a nerve for you.

Also, are you an only child? Any brothers or sisters?
Thanks again for sharing.
Smile

In my opinion i felt abit of apocalyptic. I am far up, with sunshine meanwhile the rest of the city is under clouds. I have always seen this dream as a sign of loneliness, but I am not depressed, not don't know if i am either happy. Its not a bad nor good dream tough. Just a dream I would say. Aye i have 1 brother who i hold very dear to me Smile

Aester Wrote:In my opinion i felt abit of apocalyptic. I am far up, with sunshine meanwhile the rest of the city is under clouds. I have always seen this dream as a sign of loneliness, but I am not depressed, not don't know if i am either happy. Its not a bad nor good dream tough. Just a dream I would say. Aye i have 1 brother who i hold very dear to me Smile

Yes, it does seem lonely but not sad. You're elevated, on the peak, closer to the sky and heaven, and (I think) your blue chair reflects your "heavenly" perch.

As I researched the color blue it basically calls to mind the heavens and skies, also loneliness (feeling "blue"). Blue is also masculine (pink is feminine) and cold (red is hot).

There you are, at the center of everything, higher than the peak of the mountain while sitting on your blue chair, the only things higher than you are the sun and the moon and the sky itself. Even the clouds are below you obscuring your community.

You're alone, but not lonely. Happily eating an endless bowl of cereal.

I love this dream, but it's really got me mystified. Especially because it's a "recurring" dream, which suggests your mind is trying to resolve a problem, but I'm not seeing any evidence of a problem or solution; just a condition.

I'm hoping something I write will strike a nerve in you and then you say, OH YEAH, I GET IT.

Smile

Or maybe someone else can chime in with something they noticed in your dream.

Many call me cold bloodied since i barely not freeze. IF it symbolizes cold, what has cold to do with anything? Not sure... I had felt down for a long time if it can symbolize that. But if it symbolizes loneliness WHY am i at a peak, in the center of the city and cloud, directly under the sun and the moon? It bugs me when it think about it, i sincerely hope i will dream it soon again so i can note some other twists in it cause it WILL reply Smile

Aester Wrote:Many call me cold bloodied since i barely not freeze. IF it symbolizes cold, what has cold to do with anything? Not sure... I had felt down for a long time if it can symbolize that. But if it symbolizes loneliness WHY am i at a peak, in the center of the city and cloud, directly under the sun and the moon? It bugs me when it think about it, i sincerely hope i will dream it soon again so i can note some other twists in it cause it WILL reply Smile

Well, it's not for ME to say why the chair is blue in YOUR dream. I'm just trying to give you some ideas and see which one rings your bell.

Smile

But mountain peaks are very lonely places--that is to say, "isolated" and "far away". Maybe that's part of your coldness. Are you "distant" from your community? Emotionally distant? Even geographically distant? I don't know.

Maybe that's why you keep having this dream: you feel apart from the larger community; but on top of everything, lofty, looking down you feel at the center of everything.

???

If you do have this dream again I'd enjoy hearing new details.

And if you DON'T have this dream again, perhaps, somehow we nailed it down.

Cool

LateBloomer Wrote:So all the "straight" faces are dead, no souls.

But you express yourself in this group.

Do you get the feeling they're listening? Or paying attention? Who are they? Other males? Or mixed males and females? Ages? Where does this dream take place?

its like im the only person with expression sometimes in those dreams, everyone else is just accepting of stuff like being betrayed and are perfectly fine with someone murdering his or her daughter, these are just examples they didnt happen in the dreams. they just dont respond to choas as they are supposed too. the people are just a variety of people. most of them are always my age though. and the dreams take place in simple places, like a kitchen, or a park.

ManicLewis21 Wrote:its like im the only person with expression sometimes in those dreams, everyone else is just accepting of stuff like being betrayed and are perfectly fine with someone murdering his or her daughter, these are just examples they didnt happen in the dreams. they just dont respond to choas as they are supposed too. the people are just a variety of people. most of them are always my age though. and the dreams take place in simple places, like a kitchen, or a park.

You said you have a lot of nightmares. Do you consider these dreams to be nightmares? At first I didn't think so, but after this description I kinda wonder.

I'll be honest, this is very tough for me. These dreams don't feature the classic symbols or archetypes that I'm used to.

But I'm wondering about your family, friends, coworkers...

Do any of them resemble what you described above? Have any of them been betrayed and just accepted it. They sound apathetic, careless, broken down...

Who in your life isn't responding to chaos the way you think they should be?

i dont consider these my nightmares, my nightmare are really scary. these are just the dreams i would like some definition on. its alright if you dont know- i just brought them up to hear your opinion. there are some family members and some friends that just dont respond to things properly, but these dreams people are just numb all the way through. they dont laugh and they dont cry. they just go about doing things.

ManicLewis21 Wrote:i dont consider these my nightmares, my nightmare are really scary. these are just the dreams i would like some definition on. its alright if you dont know- i just brought them up to hear your opinion. there are some family members and some friends that just dont respond to things properly, but these dreams people are just numb all the way through. they dont laugh and they dont cry. they just go about doing things.

I'm glad you shared your dream. I wish I could offer more insight.

I'd suggest this: every time you have one of these dreams write it down. Over time maybe you'll be able to find something that keeps popping up that you didn't notice before. And of course feel free to post it here.

Smile