Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A photo to make an IT expert cry
So, when was the last time you cleaned your computer?

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s...Ff5sl8.jpg]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Oh I've seen worse... ever see the inside of a smoker's computer? Add some sticky tar to all that fuzz...

When I worked at a computer shop, I had many computers come through where I needed a screwdriver to knock the smoke covered fuzz of fans and heat-sinks...

The nastiest thing I encountered was cockroaches...yes...nasty...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

To give you an idea....this is inside of a power supply unit, usually those don't get cleaned all that well as most people don't take them apart...

[Image: c-before.jpg]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Reminds me of images of lungs from a long time smoker.

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], you should send these to the Lung Association and the Cancer Society to use in their anti-smoking campaigns. A lot of people I know care more for their computers than they do for their bodies and health.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], you should send these to the Lung Association and the Cancer Society to use in their anti-smoking campaigns. A lot of people I know care more for their computers than they do for their bodies and health.

I think the problem is that most people wouldn't know what they were looking at... One thing for sure is that when they get like that they really reek of smoke...
Check out my stuff!

Yep, I was gonna say, my ex-father-in-laws computer was worse, he's a smoker. [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION] beat me to it...

The bad thing is with the smoke it is difficult to clean off with a computer vac.... Pet hair and all that is one thing.

Old TV sets, the old CRT type back in the day could arc in some cases, ruining the set or blowing tubes and so on...

So if there's anything to be said it is don't smoke....or at least don't smoke indoors. My father smokes indoors, next to my mom who has COPD... It's not just to keep the smell and the grime that builds up inside your computers. I can't tell him anything because he just gets pissed but he's really doing her harm and is why she can never breathe well. She's limited mobility and rarely escapes it... It is what it is, some things so close that you feel that you can control...you can't control.
Check out my stuff!