Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIDS can be transmitted sharing towels
........At least the Baptist Pope Robertson says so and we all know that Fumbducker would never tell a lie, don't we?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/pa...aids-towel

And Roberston wonders why he's listed as the leader of a hate group.

Ugh.

I wish these freaking people would read the gospels and think about it for ten minutes. How is it we can teach six-year-olds that the core message of Jesus was "Don't be a judgmental dickhead" and some folks can be around scripture their whole lives, profess to be experts, and never get a clue.

why do we give the morons the exposure?

meridannight Wrote:why do we give the morons the exposure?

Because it sells advertising.

And still this man continues to breathe air......wtf? There are so many better uses for oxygen.

Willfully ignorant. Dumb as a box of rocks. And the problem is that the fundie knuckle draggers out there...with their low performance IQ's and even less education thinks the shit he spouts is true.

Where I live it isn't uncommon to see lunatics on a soapbox (quite literally) on the street corner. (Berkeley has a solid history of street theatrics.) Electronic media have just given some of these lunatics bigger soapboxes with wider distribution potential. And, of course, their audience consists largely of those who want their already established views reinforced, and those who want to mock the lunatics for their lunacy. Everyone else just walks right on by.

It's people like Robertson that make me believe we should have penalties (severe penalties!) for using a religious or other public format to spread bullshit.

A few years ago he really went off the deep end.... and said gays were using secret rings to transmit AIDS shaking hands....

All kidding aside, around here (where I live, not referring to this site) it is harder to come out as a Christian than as queer. My denom is highly progressive (and not even the most progressive) and our leaders and clergy are (over) educated, but because toons like this guy never give up the mic, when you tell people you go to church they immediately start mentally deducting IQ points.

Jay was raised in COE & attends St Luke's in Brisbane with his parents. So I know what you mean about the quality and education of the clergy. He's more active now in Metro Community Church there but I enjoy either one. Both take sane approaches to spirituality.

Cool. Just avoid Diocese of Sydney or tread carefully... to say they do their own thing is putting it mildly.