Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaaaahhhhhhh !! Help !!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, boys and boys!

I know I'm in trouble for being away for so long, but I've got reason for everything.

Now, I need help URGENTLY !

I was saving this bit of information for later, but what the hell.

I'm in progress of moving to the U.K and was going to submit my documentation tomorrow....

PROBLEM: A bottle of cologne broke in my car and FLOODED my passport !!! !!!! f#@! F%&* F*&#

Does anyone know if they'll accept it or will I need to get a new one ?

The damage is not that hectic ! it looks bad, because of the ink, but my photo and barcode are still completely fine !!

HELPPPPP !!!!

Rowan Wrote:Okay, boys and boys!

I know I'm in trouble for being away for so long, but I've got reason for everything.

I'm in progress of moving to the U.K and was going to submit my documentation tomorrow....

PROBLEM: A bottle of cologne broke in my car and FLOODED my passport !!! !!!! f#@! F%&* F*&#

The damage is not that hectic ! it looks bad, because of the ink, but my photo and barcode are still completely fine !!

HELPPPPP !!!!
I use passport control regularly and they are pretty strict. If they have the slightest suspicion that the photo page has been tampered with they won't accept it. Let's face it, if they can send Martha Stewart back to the States without letting her in they can turn anyone away. Can you phone the office for advice, or if necessary could you get to a SA passport office and get a replacement while you wait?

You could take a chance, but it would be worth having a plan B.

Good luck, Rowan, and lovely to see you back Confusedmile:

SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could've been in london in two weeks !
NOW ! its going to take another SIX WEEKS just to get my bloody damned passport !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

That's a shame man Ro.Wow,everyone seems to be leaving... :frown:

Try it under a UV light.

you should see that the photo page is very dull and does not respond to the light.

Any brightness from the photo page indicates tampering...

Hope this helps.

James,

WOW row, where in the UK u coming to?? :biggrin:
Good luck, I hope you get your passport mess sorted, you clumsy fool :biggrin:
p.s. glad to see you're still around mr x

Hey Rowan,

I agree with Marshlander - call the passport office and explain what's happened, and ask them what state they might be willing to accept it in. Get the name of the person you spoke to, and jot down the date and time of the conversation as well.

At least that will give you a base from which to work, rather than going to the hassle of ordering a replacement passport if it ultimately turns out that you don't need one ...

... but yeah ... from what you've said, it sounds like they might reject it ... sorry babe :frown:.

Can't you pay a fee to have a passport in ZA issued on an expedited basis ? You can here (it's BLOODY expensive, but it might be an option) ...

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Rowan Wrote:Okay, boys and boys!

HELPPPPP !!!!

On a flowery note, Rowan, your passport must smell soooooooooo nice!!!
Laugh1

hahaha.

Thanks everyone.

O.K, so, I went to the airport on Friday and ZA Immigration say that they'll accept it. So, I'm going to pop past Brit High Commission on Monday to see what they say. So far it seems like it wont be too much of a problem !!!

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep those fingers crossed boys !!

Smurlos: Will be in London for a while (about 2 weeks or so), then I'm off to Ireland. But, have a few people that I need to visit, (Manchester and Crewe).

So, anyway, I'll let you know what High Commission says about the whole thing !!!!!!!!!!!!

:tongue:

P.S: Princealbert: Quite right ! My passport does smell DIVINE !!!!! LOL:biggrin:

That's great news. Good luck, Rowan Xyxwave