Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acne - alternative
^ Arachidonic acid is a necessary source for prostaglandin production Smile

No, if you're cutting down oils, dry fruits are probably not something you wanna pick. You wanna try and eliminate butter, animal fat and vegetable oils and other crappy fats before you think about nuts which are actually healthier.

Yes, diet can be a factor but not in every case of acne.

Do cut down on stuff others have mentioned and see if there's an improvement, butter and such.

And keep in mind the awesomeness called benzoyle peroxide. Careful, cause it will decolor your clothes, but otherwise, that thing is heavenly.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

[QUOTE=Insertnamehere;614625
And keep in mind the awesomeness called benzoyle peroxide. Careful, cause it will decolor your clothes, but otherwise, that thing is heavenly.[/QUOTE]

I had pretty severe facial acne as a teenager, and this stuff was the only stuff that touched it, worked wonders. But yes, I was forever bleaching my pillows with my face lol.

Cridders88 Wrote:I had pretty severe facial acne as a teenager, and this stuff was the only stuff that touched it, worked wonders. But yes, I was forever bleaching my pillows with my face lol.

Rofl

Yeah mine was in the back, so I decolored a few t shirts.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I'll have to keep that in mind. My acne isn't that severe...and actually hasn't been as bad as it was a few weeks ago but I'd love to get rid of it all if I can...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Avoid oily, fried, deep fried, crunchy, high sugar and spicy intake from your diet.

Also, temporarily eat less red meat - they facilitate cell growth, but when you have severe acne problem , they will make it worse. However, it's optional as it's not the root of the problem.

Wash the affected areas frequently with warm water (but not too frequently), and wash your hands every time you've touched those areas, as well as things that had been contact to those areas. Avoid scratching as much as possible.

Sleep early, relax and don't keep stress inside you- basically remain a healthy lifestyle.

I had severe acne as a teenager and cycled through every single over-the-counter face wash and topical creams sold and none of it worked at all. I tried several different prescriptions to kill bacteria before it was recommended by my dermatologist to go on accutane, which was considered a last line of defense. It worked wonders for me...within a couple months my face was free of acne and the scars begin to fade. It was a great confidence boaster. It does come with side effects and requires regular lab tests to monitor, but it was worth it to rid myself of the acne.