Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adobe Flash, Why so many updates???
Why does it seem like Adobe pushes an update to their free products, e.g. Reader and Flash, every other week? There is no obvious change to the functionality and they don't even explain what is changing. It's irritating.

^ I think that most of the time the updates are all about fixing the problems that their last update created.

I ignore them all the time until the few times I actually NEED to do the update to make it work when I need it. I think they do them all at once when that happens.

Is this one of those updates where they offer you McAfee anti-virus software unless you opt out? If so, I suspect it may be more about selling McAfee in the long run.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Is this one of those updates where they offer you McAfee anti-virus software unless you opt out? If so, I suspect it may be more about selling McAfee in the long run.

AH! I forgot all about the reason... THAT is why I don't update very much! Updates always come with a "surprise". One of the first things I learned to do on the computer (I am a tech idiot) is to find out how to take their surprises off of the hard drive on my computer.

LJay Wrote:Is this one of those updates where they offer you McAfee anti-virus software unless you opt out? If so, I suspect it may be more about selling McAfee in the long run.

^^^ I tend to agree with this, without knowing for certain.

These days it's all about ADVERTISING than it is actual SERVICE. Otherwise, why would I need to get a new phone book from the phone company 4 times a year?? That might be a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

Along the same lines as how Microsoft keeps trying to be a contender with Google by sneaking in and trying to shove BING down my throat even though I DO NOT want it. Especially since they've tried so many times to sneak it onto my PC.

Who is Bing?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Who is Bing?
Cosby.....

Updates address primarily discovered weaknesses and exploits.

Yeah being the number of web apps that use things like flash (cough use html5) there are always exploits. Ontop of that Adobe is a big company and they want to keep their logo in your face so you'd think of them next time you need a piece of software.

i been ignoring mines lol