Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adoption failure
Hi all, nice to meet all of you here! As i see this section is not very popular among users of the forum but still I hope for getting some attention to my thread. Will be thankful for those who will read till the end and will give some recommendations.
I am in relations with my partner for a long time. For a couple of years we just lived together and then decided to make the next step. I wanted to adopt a child as a single man. It seemed like a good idea for the first sight.
We were in long search for an agency where it would be possible to do. There was taken a decision not to tell details that i am in relations with the other man etc. I just posed myself as a single man willing to become a father. I was not surprised when I visited a few agencies and centers and in each of them I was treated with suspicious attitude and always asked what for I need a child. Sig
Attitude was obvious but inside i felt myself strange because it sounded like man can't have desire and doesn't have instinct to be a father. But people don't understand that there can be different situations and these situations should not prevent you from experience of parenthood.

So, we spent a lot of time and finally found an agency where manager promised to help us. So, we've got aquainted with a cute baby boy, his name is Tom, he was 3 years at the moment we saw each other for the first time. At that moment I understood that instincts inside me told me that I can be a good father and for the first time in my life I had a feeling which I can't compare with no other feelings I experienced during my life. We started the process of adoption. But as it always happens everything goes wrong.

We spent 2 years waiting. When they told us that it is the end I felt like something died inside me. Then a long period of depression came. my husband didn't leave me at the hard period and after it our relations and our love became stronger. Together with it our desire to create a family also became stronger.

And now we decided to make the next step and we are looking for options of surrogacy. It is really scary for us to start everything from the beginning but seems like it is the only options where we can control the situation and we can't be nicely left. We know that adoption process and surrogacy are pretty different methods but they have the same goal.

Are here someone with useful recommendations or experience?

Hey [MENTION=22039]Bubble[/MENTION], Welcome to GaySpeak. I'm afraid I have no experience of what you are going through. I am now too old to adopt, I should think, and my partner has children of his own who are all producing the next generation. I'm not in need of a baby to cuddle and bring up, to be honest. But I feel your situation is interesting. It sounds like there are double standards going on here. Why shouldn't a man want to be a father? My partner got married precisely because he wanted children. In the end he realised that he was gay, but he always wanted children. So I believe that men can have just as much a rearing instinct as women. I just think it manifests itself in slightly different ways.
People just think of gays as a population who are mostly self serving and quite selfish. But on the other hand why is it that there are so many gays in the caring professions? It must be because we do have a nurturing instinct. And a bloody good one too. So, I hope you will have success in finally starting your family. I really can't help with the technical stuff and the red tape stuff since I have no experience of it, but I still find your story edifying. Please keep us posted on how things evolve. Good luck to both of you in your endeavour.

... may I suggest that you shouldn't use the word 'failure' but rather 'trying' to adopt ? Just a question of outlook, really. Glass half empty / glass half full sort of implications.

I wish i could help. I want to have a family myself one day..... But i will offer you the best of luck to you both
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Hi Bubble, I thought the UK was supposed to be more foreward thinking. Sorry for your bad experience, but don't give up. I know people who have adopted and it is a usually a long, painful process ever if you are hetero. Don't give up on your dream.

I wish you the best, but do not go into surrogacy without the expectation of disappointment as well. I don't know how much it cost where you are, but we have spent over $40,000 and ended up miscarrying at 5 months.
Trust me, it hurts.
~Beaux

Why is the choice of adopting over ? no need to reply if you don't want to , But is their just one adaption agency that controls everything for the UK and if your off their list then that's final ? or was it missing out on that baby boy that's just made things more urgent that surrogacy is going to be quicker ?
Would adopting a baby from abroad be an option especially as some country's do have a large number of kids living in orphanages and they do seem to have less red tape to find a family for the kids especially to a more affluent country , only reason I mention this is because I did see a documentary recently about a similar subject about eastern European countrys

I am very thankful for all of you for your replies, support and involvement.
It is really good to talk with someone else about this because with time it makes you tired to discuss one and the same thing inside your family, especially when you know positions of each member of your family concerning the issue. Now it is needed to hear fresh thoughts about it. [MENTION=1766]princealbertofb[/MENTION], you are right it was a try but some time ago it was real failure for me, I had hope that in my family everything should be perfect and it is not me who will suffer from troubles during the adoption process. But life corrected everything and we should go forward. [MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION], yes, it hurts...it hurts when you are trying to adopt someone elses's biological child and think I can't imagine how it hurts when it is biologicaly your baby.
We had a few consultations and found the place with guarantee and money back options. It sounds really good but I don't know how it works in reality. Anyway we don't have such sum for the program yet, so it is just like long-term perspective. [MENTION=18997]matty7[/MENTION], to tell the truth I afraid to start once again and in my mind international adoption is even more complicated if to compare with local process. Anyway, we are in search now and who knows maybe we will be brave enough to make one more try. My mother says it is worth to try despite all difficulties till 100% success....only then you will be able to evaluate of what you've got. She is right somehow.
One more time thank all of you! God bless you!

Kids are great, really pull a family together, I have had 3 adopted as they were left on my doorstep with legal rights to adopt. I knew the family already and protected the kids. long story I won't go into here. They all grew up to be amazing productive citizen's and imagine that, not one is LBGTQ. Still care about them but they have their own families and kids to deal with, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

[MENTION=2456]James[/MENTION], thank you for sharing, 3 children it is great and not easy at the same time.
To tell the truth I don't worry my child to be gay, as we are...if it will happen like this I don't mind, of course, it will bring some difficulties into my child's life but each of us experience some troubles during our lives. If my child will be straigt I will be glad and hope he will not shame his gay parents.
Anyway it will happen not so soon because we are still in search.