Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed - Want to foster relationship with fling
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:OK have you actually said 'I would like to try a relationship with you'?

Telling a person you miss them is not exactly telling them what it is you want.

If I told you I like you very much, would you automatically assume that I am looking at you as a friend, a potential lover a butt buddy....?

And no, just because a person is not interested does not mean they will give one worded answers. Plenty of people engage in conversation with people they don't actually like because they feel that they must show courtesy. I do it all the time - mentally I'm screaming 'Please leave me alone' yet verbally I continue with the conversation hoping they will eventually get bored and just go away.

The whole where does civil courtesy end and begin thing alludes me. A lot of people have that problem, especially now that we live in a world which teaches us we must be friends with everyone....

Tell him exactly where you are, what it is you want and also make certain he understands you want his honest opinion not a civil response.

I agree with your analysis of each of the above point if only if they are looked into in isolation.

If you put together what I have said to him along with flirty messages etc then in this context its quite obvious that I have said to him I want more him to be more than just a chat buddy or be friends with him.