I bid NO Trump!

great job Jay, congratulations
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Congrats Jay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am proud of youLove2

that's the good stuff jay! woop

Mexicanwave

Congratulations Jay!! You are an inspiration! Xyxthumbs
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Thank you guys for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply. My physical was really off yesterday. My energy was really lacking after marathon. But I'm recuperating well.

My official time was 74 minutes / 10 km.

I'm very happy with my achievement in marathon. It tells me that nothing is impossible. I mean few years ago, I was not able to run at all due to morbid obesity and also leg injury. Then I trained hard and well, hard work bears fruit.

I think I did well for my first marathon but as previously stated, I regret for not sprinting on the last few km. But it's a small matter. What matters the most is I actually completed the marathon. By running nonstop.

I'm liking marathon. So I will probably do more in the future.

Thank you again for the kind words; Beaux, MikeW, LJay, ceez, East, trywait, Cinestry and Bookworm.

Much love from me. Thanks.

Congrads for all you've accomplished, a great inspiration, I'm very proud of you! You mentioned a knee injury. I'd suggest utilizing some "non-impact" exercise equipment so you don't continue to damage your knee, at least till it's fully healed. There are some combination stair stepper/rowing machines (not sure what they are called) that give an excellent overall workout, but hardly any stress on the knees from running or using treadmill. The other option is finding a treadmill that has an extra soft running surface (most are still pretty hard and put a lot of stress on the knees, and entire body).

Quote:Congrads for all you've accomplished, a great inspiration, I'm very proud of you! You mentioned a knee injury. I'd suggest utilizing some "non-impact" exercise equipment so you don't continue to damage your knee, at least till it's fully healed. There are some combination stair stepper/rowing machines (not sure what they are called) that give an excellent overall workout, but hardly any stress on the knees from running or using treadmill. The other option is finding a treadmill that has an extra soft running surface (most are still pretty hard and put a lot of stress on the knees, and entire body).

Hi Maverick, thanks for the congrats. Much appreciated.

My knee injury is actually due to curvy tibia/fibula. When I was around 11 years, I fell down stairs at my home. My left sheen bled badly but I didn't inform my parents about the injury. I didn't seek for a proper medical treatment for it.

As time goes by, my weight went up to 363lbs. My injured bone wasn't able to support the weight so it slowly becomes curvy. I remember my left leg was always in a stressful and painful state when I was morbid obese. But the pain disappears after I lost my weight. Once in a blue moon I do feel like my tibia/fibula dislocate from my knee or something like that. It's like pop in and pop out.

I've spoken to a doctor regarding to my leg last year. I just wanted to know if it's possible to fix it. He told me that it's already too late as my bone has matured. He did mention a surgery (cutting bone, inserting some sort of steel) but he doesn't recommended it.

I do leg workout consisting of front squat, leg press, dumbbell walking lunges, leg curl, leg extension and calves weekly. I wear knee brace made of neoprene when I do my leg workout except during walking lunges and calves.

I was advised to wear a knee brace by my former personal trainer. I hired a personal trainer for 4 months in year 2012 to teach me the foundation of weight lifting after I lost most of my weight. He told me that a knee brace should help to support my left leg when I do heavy leg workout.

[Image: image_zpswu92v5wo.jpg]

But anyway I will follow your advice to avoid heavy leg workout until my left leg has properly healed. My leg should be fine in another day or two but I will give it a extra few days to rest.

I also think it's best for me to not do interval training within this week at all. I do interval training three times per week. My interval training includes burpees so I don't think it's a good idea to stress my leg whilst it's still recovering.

Thank you for your advice, Maverick. I will follow it.