Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age Ranges
I've started trying to date and I'm not having much luck. I tried the online dating servies (different ones) and have had people sending me messages. Most are around 62 to 65 years old and even a guy ready to turn 70 next month. Now I also have a 19 year old who wants me to travel halfway across the state to meet him (I don't drive, so it would be by bus or train). The stations arent in his town, so his dad will come pick me up. WTH is up with that??

I finally met someone that wanted to take time to know me before we progressed any further. He is 28 years old . . . a personal trainer . . . and is beautiful. We were talking about getting together soon and even talked on the phone. The next day, he wants to meet me that night becaues now he has a possible job out of state and doesn't know if he wants to move. He wants to stay if he has found someone. Before I know it, he is asking me to be roommates. :eek: What happened to being friends first and growing from there?

My question: I'm 46 years old. What is the youngest / oldest that you would have a relationship with? Either friend relationship or partner.

Thanks, :frown: Now I'm sad again.

Age range is no doubt personal preference .Some say 5 years, some say 10 years, some people truly don't care..age is "just a number" to them.

For me I'd say "ideal" is my age to 5 years younger ( it'd also depend on the person ... but deff no more than +5 and -10 years of me)

Whatever and whoever you are comfortable with and who is comfortable with you. Why tie yourself to an age when really a relationships is about physical, emotional and intellectual attraction?

I hate to sound cliche here ,but age really is nothing more than a number ,and has nothing to do with it .

Maturity is the key .
Only you know what you are bringing to the table of a prospective mate just as the party in question does.

As long as you are attracted to the person ,have things in common , can share a laugh , grow together as a couple and have very similar ethics then you should be fine .

And yes I know that opposites attract, but to me getting to know how a person adjusts to circumstances and environment and if he can do so in an appropriate and adaptive manner , is far more important than age.

Take your time with this one, get to know him , the last thing you want is to rush things and at the sight of your first argument have him throw up that he gave up his dream job for you.

Make sure you make it perfectly clear that what ever sacrifices he is making he is doing so of his own free will.

i totally agree with dfiant... its all about how u get along with eachother...
age is totally a personal preference... for me... my boyfriend is 25 and im 23 and im really comfortable with that.... i wasnt really lucky with the much older/younger guyz...
the oldest guy (the only older guy honestly) i met who wanted us to be in a relation was about 60 somthing... things didnt really work out that well for me... he was nice and i enjoyed talking to him...
but i couldnt see a future if u know what i mean...
but that might have been different with another guy of the same age...
so u just see if it sparks between u both b4 starting to think of the age difference

Edit:
Rainbowmum just explained what i wanted to say way better than i did Smile sorry, my english is not that good :$

Age isn't that much of a factor in my eyes. My first major high school crush was my 40 year old Math teacher. :p Attraction is subjective, beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I think you said what you wanted to say perfectly Mr Lonely, your english is perfectly understandable Wink

well i lost my virginity at the age of 19 to a 26 year old. so breaking the wall is possible. my parents are 10 years apart in age.

Well while age shouldn't matter but it does, it's not something that should be discounted lightly, I have several friends with older partners and age is a frequent source of friction in their relationships, because the two are at different stages in life, have different ideals and likes. I've been told sometimes that one should look for someone closer to my age because of the reasons mentioned above.
Idk, just throwing out some ideas.

Well I must say I prefer older guys in general, just can't resist salt & paper hair lol. I once dated a guy who was 15 years older and it was absolutely amazing, but circumstances drove us apart.

I really wish you good luck finding a prefect match. Love is love, regardless of age.