Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleppo the lost citry
muslims have a lot to explain to this (p.s. please don't be offended if you're muslim .. i have a lot of muslim friends but don't get me started on religion .. you can chat me about it instead). if you ever saw the bamian buddha now aleppo stuff like this i only read in books! now they are gone :Confusedob:: .. pls tell me that your religion isnt anti-human. things are very hard to understand but i know that if your religion prohibits you to represent anything animal-esque, please don't try to destroy those of other religions you know? .. is that how you convert people? .. blowing up things that are sacred to them (even a whole city) lol ..

knickerbuck Wrote:muslims have a lot to explain to this (p.s. please don't be offended if you're muslim .. i have a lot of muslim friends but don't get me started on religion .. you can chat me about it instead). if you ever saw the bamian buddha now aleppo stuff like this i only read in books! now they are gone :Confusedob:: .. pls tell me that your religion isnt anti-human. things are very hard to understand but i know that if your religion prohibits you to represent anything animal-esque, please don't try to destroy those of other religions you know? .. is that how you convert people? .. blowing up things that are sacred to them (even a whole city) lol ..

It's unfortunate that religions have given us some of the great art works of the world. It's unfortunate that some religions, intolerant of others, sets out to destroy them. The world would be a beter place if there were no religions.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The world would be a better place if governments and rebel forces didn't indiscriminately (or intentionally) bomb the civilian populations or prevent them from evacuating war zones.

The sad thing is, the Syrian Civil war has been exacerbated by foreign governments seeking to gain geopolitical influence by having their allies in control of Syria. The Russians want Assad, Saudi Arabia wants ISIS, and the U.S, wants a third rebel faction. No one is fighting for peace, no one is fighting to end the war, they're only fighting for their own interests.

LONDONER Wrote:I'm not sure what has provoked that reaction from you but if you cannot provide any specific proof I suggest that you just don't bother to read any of my posts and most certainly don't reply to any of them. What you have said is a silly, sweeping generalisation.

Well, I'll take your suggestion into consideration, but you have to understand that you're posting on a public forum, and when one posts as prolifically as you do, you're bound to hit a clunker or two. It's one thing if you'd prefer I don't respond to your posts at all, I can do that, but I don't think that's what you're asking me. If in the future I happen to respond to any of your posts, and I'm not looking to be offensive, I suggest you take your advice and apply it to me.

I honestly don't think cynicism such a bad thing. Some people pride themselves on it. But live and learn.

Cheers.

princealbertofb Wrote:I don't think Native Son gets the difference between a sense of humour and cynicism, [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION]. I've not found you to be cynical, but amused and bemused, and certainly shocked at times.

We're all adults here, Prince. I've read his knock-knock jokes. I'm not attacking anybody.

knickerbuck Wrote:muslims have a lot to explain to this (p.s. please don't be offended if you're muslim .. i have a lot of muslim friends but don't get me started on religion .. you can chat me about it instead). if you ever saw the bamian buddha now aleppo stuff like this i only read in books! now they are gone :Confusedob:: .. pls tell me that your religion isnt anti-human. things are very hard to understand but i know that if your religion prohibits you to represent anything animal-esque, please don't try to destroy those of other religions you know? .. is that how you convert people? .. blowing up things that are sacred to them (even a whole city) lol ..

Can you please explain why you think it is Muslims that have the explaining to do or why they are being blamed please.

deephiance Wrote:Can you please explain why you think it is Muslims that have the explaining to do or why they are being blamed please.

im not blaming every muslim only the extremists, who follow certain codes of deception and espionage, taqiyya .. but it seems like death is a holy ritual to muslims .. just be careful of not offending them .. of course it's very different talking about them and talking to them .. they claim that they worship god directly and have no need of an intercessor so the ones that die for them are people and not a single sinless messiah .. so everytime they kill they treat it as a holy endeavor.

NativeSon Wrote:Well, I'll take your suggestion into consideration, but you have to understand that you're posting on a public forum, and when one posts as prolifically as you do, you're bound to hit a clunker or two. It's one thing if you'd prefer I don't respond to your posts at all, I can do that, but I don't think that's what you're asking me. If in the future I happen to respond to any of your posts, and I'm not looking to be offensive, I suggest you take your advice and apply it to me.

I honestly don't think cynicism such a bad thing. Some people pride themselves on it. But live and learn.

Cheers.

Your comment about my posts was not only a sweeping generalisation but it was childish also to say the least. All of my posts are cynical? This is supposed to be and is a friendly chat and your comment was far from that. Think before you post.

As far as not reading or replying to my post, that was exacty what I was suggesting unless that is, you can be civil.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

knickerbuck Wrote:im not blaming every muslim only the extremists, who follow certain codes of deception and espionage, taqiyya .. but it seems like death is a holy ritual to muslims .. just be careful of not offending them .. of course it's very different talking about them and talking to them .. they claim that they worship god directly and have no need of an intercessor so the ones that die for them are people and not a single sinless messiah .. so everytime they kill they treat it as a holy endeavor.

By that Logic we should be asking German's to explain the tragedies or WW2

There has been Muslim's for centuries upon centuries and they have lived peacefully with Christians, Buddhists and non-believers since forever.

BUT...Like Germans, like Christians, like anything else there is and there always be seperatists and fundamentalists and they will go against the grain.

These Islamic fundamentalists and seperatists that are the root of the terror would love you for what you have said because your words are what could potentially lead Muslim's to lean towards the fundamentalists and seperatist.

I am not by a long shot saying you are wrong or a bad person, so please don't take it that way.

I am more trying to reason with you to change your thinking before falling in to the trap that those that seek to divide us have set up Wink