Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America, sometimes I despair of thee.
And now this:
Who thinks this is "normal"? I certainly don't.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/01...shootings/

It disturbs me, and always has, that per capita the USA has the highest rate of crime involving firearms than Australia, Japan and the UK put together.

The latter 3 countries have very tight gun control laws, guns are not banned, they are just under such tight control that the firearms won't fall in to the wrong hands. I would suggest that USA gun control laws are non-existant and unacceptable.

I know some twit is going to come along and say 'What about knives?'....with a knife you can't walk into a school and kille 20 6 year olds and 6 adults in under a minute.

Yes, there is still going to be violence, there is still going to be murders, but the impact of those incidents will be reduced by taking the guns away from the people should not have access to them.

I know of at least one American gun story that happened to someone who was close to me... The kid (adolescent) got the gun from his grandfather's bedside table, where he knew it was hidden.... and used it to kill his dealer. An all too true story to illustrate that it would be better not to have guns hanging around (even hidden away).

The police dont give a shit in this country, and neither do the politicians.

THATS why it keeps getting worse.

Hell, so far this week alone, Ive seen stories on shootings in two malls, one college, and one school.
And thats just the ones that MADE it into the news!!!

Maybe the news and tv sends out too many messages of violence and not enough of Barbie dolls and cupcakes?

MisterTinkles Wrote:The police dont give a shit in this country, and neither do the politicians.

THATS why it keeps getting worse.

Hell, so far this week alone, Ive seen stories on shootings in two malls, one college, and one school.
And thats just the ones that MADE it into the news!!!

I was going to say the same thing because not more than 10 minutes before PA posted this, we here at 8am on the news had 'Breaking News' about a shooting Los Angeles.

Happy Fucking Australia Day Smile

princealbertofb Wrote:And now this:
Who thinks this is "normal"? I certainly don't.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/01...shootings/

It's not normal.

But gun confiscation isn't normal either.

Arkansota Wrote:It's not normal.

But gun confiscation isn't normal either.

Uhhhhmmmm....you do realise there is another 7 billion people that live out side of the USA that have a different 'NORMAL'?

dfiant1 Wrote:Uhhhhmmmm....you do realise there is another 7 billion people that live out side of the USA that have a different 'NORMAL'?

Theft is not normal even when conducted by the government. If you think it is, you have a problem.

But our constitution forbids gun confiscation so we don't have to worry about that here in America.

When guys go around hitching up their pants and yelling "you ain't gonna take away my guns, ya fuckin' freedom hater" I just slowly back away.

I don't want to take away your god-given right to go "pew pew pew" and cream your pants at the gun range while blowing your father... or whatever it is those guys do at those places...

But I just don't want to spend my precious time anywhere around those guys.