Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American congresswoman points loaded gun at reporter in demonstration
I can't post links but what basically happened is an American congresswoman, Lori Klein, from Arizona who claimed she had some informal courses training her in gun safety pointed a loaded gun at a reporters chest to demonstrate its laser sighting capabilities in an interview she was giving on her support of gun ownership. To make matters worse the gun model she was using (a .380 Ruger) has no safety feature on it. Now no matter what you think about gun laws I think we think we can all agree this politician was incredibly dumb and reckless for doing this and should not be carrying a firearm in public. I just thought this was both morbid and hilarious.

You made me curious because I had not heard about this yet.

Here's one story I found, not sure if it's the one you wanted to post. Unbelievable!
Sen. Lori Klein open to possible felony charges

Quote:According to his story, the red dot from a laser sighting was visible on his chest. The gun was loaded and there was no safety to keep it from firing.

The Republican Senator told the reporter at the time that there was no reason to worry because, "I just didn't have my hand on the trigger." The story never mentions whether the reporter felt threatened or whether they agreed it was okay to aim at him.

Americans are just crazy with that freedom to carry weapons culture... So wrong!

"The story never mentions whether the reporter felt threatened or whether they agreed it was okay to aim at him."

It doesn't matter, even if the reporter asked her to point it at him its still illegal to point a weapon at someone without cause. That's the very first thing they teach you in NRA gun courses.