Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoyed - advice needed STD.
ok so I ve had a friend with benefits for the last six months and recently we were talking like we were in an open relationship and he mentioned it was easier that way.

Anyways, onto the STD thing. He told me I should get tested for my own health, but he never told me he had anything. Turns out he has chlamydia. I went to a free HIV testing centre and they give free STD testing based on what kind of sexual activity.... well they didnt think i needed to get tested for an STD (and I was NEG for HIV YAY) but now i m just angered and dont know what to do.

These pills for chlamydia I tried to take but they are too big for me and I had to throw one out. Ive always had a hard time swallowing pills. I dont have any symptoms but I would prefer to be tested myself to see if I have it. I have a appointment at a sexual health clinic in 10 days.

Should I go to a clinic, explain my situation and ask for a possible liquid form?

I also just feel uncomfortable taking some medication for something I may not have at all.

I m just so upset at myself for not being able to swallow the pill URG issue solved if I could. but there were 4 pills to swallow!!!

but I am also annoyed that my friends with benefits just didnt come out and say I have chlamydia. URG. I could have got tested right then and there. but now that I have had HIV testing recently no one wants to give me a free STD testing.

What do you guys think I should do about all this ? -_-

Ahhhh....swallowing pills...I just answered this same question at another board...I will go find the post (easier than typing it all out again)

OK...found it

I used to have to mash up even the tiniest aspirin in a spoonful of jelly to swallow it...I would gag when I tried to swallow and my throat would close up....

...then one day I got a letter from the VD clinic that let me know someone I had sex with had given my name to them as potentially having syphilis. So...they wouldn't tell me who and I have always wondered if some asshole just decided to name me because they had to come up with a name...I will never know the answer....and they showed me a horrible movie and told me if I didn't take pills that day I might have to have a long needle go up my spine JUST IN CASE I might have it. They said it took a few weeks to get the results back....UGH....

So without thinking I agreed to the pills and there were 13 of them...damn horse pills...and I already felt humiliated for even being there so I just told myself you are gonna swallow these damn pills and walk out of here with a little dignity...and I took all of them in one big swallow.....

I was so proud of myself....haven't had a problem since....

Oh yeah...I never had it. I got my negative test results later.

[SIZE="4"]Best to get treatment just in case , after all you know your partner has it. And may save you from the pain and discomfort of the symptoms in the long run. Men dont have as many health problems from it as do women, but it raises your risk for HIV.

Get treated and if you wanna continue your friend with benefits he should also unless you like stds
As for the pills its treated with antibiotics so it should be liquid or shot form.
Good luck and safe sex!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

austin Wrote:[SIZE="4"]Best to get treatment just in case , after all you know your partner has it. And may save you from the pain and discomfort of the symptoms in the long run. Men dont have as many health problems from it as do women, but it raises your risk for HIV.

Get treated and if you wanna continue your friend with benefits he should also unless you like stds
As for the pills its treated with antibiotics so it should be liquid or shot form.
Good luck and safe sex!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

I m going to go to the pharmacy tomorrow andexplain my situation and see if they can give me liquid form.

I used to chew the pills. Didn't take me long to learn to simply swallow them after that.

As in painkillers.

Somehow, once I had chewed and swallow the fragments, the psychological barrier was broken and I was able to swallow them properly, with water.

Is it really easier to swallow pills now then use protection back there? It always saddens me that people just believe to what their friends say. If you won't protect yourself, no one will.

Anyway, if the problem is in the size of the pill, you can try using pill cutter to divide them into smaller parts. They are available in my country and should be available in yours too.

[Image: 0000063412700_500X500.jpg]

What's the drug?

I wouldn't hesitate in getting meds. If you have to take the pill, you use a pill cutter, or try mashing it in hot water.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Crushing the pill (if it's a tablet) or opening it (if it's a capsule) and mixing it with a bit of applesauce or pudding is what nurses do for patients who can't swallow pills. Just be sure it isn't a time-release medication, your pharmacist can tell you for sure.
But you need to get tested and treated to avoid future problems, which also might include passing it on to others.

You can't just crush pills or open capsules and eat it. Some of them aren't meant to be opened and reactive on their way down your esophagus. That's why I asked what the drug is.
There are many reasons why pills and capsules are made the way they are.