Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another confession: REVENGE
MakeDigitalLove Wrote:Revenge is something I never personally did, but I have thought about it. To me it is stupid, pointless and serves no purpose. All it does is end up hurting to one seeking revenge (by making you eventually feel guilty) and the person you're taking it out on. Usually taken out on someone over something trivial and with feelings that if you sat down with for more than a half hour you'd get over it anyway.

The weird thing about it was that I couldn't get over it. I was obsessed with the guy and my resentment lasted for over a year Sad

I should have seeked professional help at the time but it's all in the past now.

I do believe in Karma very much! but not as a form of punishment, but rather as a "tough love" sort of cosmic tool to balance out what we do or not do to other and ourselves! Karma is a cosmic law that does not discriminate or favors any one force!, good or bad!? good people CAN do bad things, and some bad people/things/decisions can lead to a wider understanding/knowledge of one's inner self and the world around us; that said it also applies to good people/things/decisions as well!

When I do something inappropriate, wrong, or bad things rather then being on the defensive, justify it, or corrected, I accept it! but I accepted as a positive thing not as a punishment. Everything bad done to me or I to others is done for a reason! so whenever someone hurts me, I don't go around looking for pity or support from others, I consider such attitude very childish, immature, and a sign of much inner insecurities.

Revenge should be used as a temporary sigh of relief! when it goes beyond that limit it becomes a huge huge problem, not a healthy emotion at all!

You can take the passive-aggressive approach and settle for schadenfreude.

Revenge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die

Darius Wrote:Revenge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die

Well said, Honey.

Forgiveness, by the contrary, is a great medicine.