Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone got one of these lying around?
Maybe you should start looking in the attic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311050328393?ssP...1423.l2649
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The small type explains why the bid is so high. Proceeds go to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation for neck and spine injury research.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi...ZVauiCAgAA

Even so memechose, who's got that sort of moiney to spend on a comic? And it's only a portion of the proceeds.

OH. GOSH. Imu2

If I had to bet I'd say it's not one person but several pooling their money through A CPA or bank to be able to get the tax write offs.

People still use Ebay?

wow.

I love comics, I collect them, and even though I have the money to bit on this one, this is one ridiculous price for a fantasy comic book... Jakey would kill me if I was to spend such amount on such stupidity.

ETOTE Wrote:People still use Ebay?

wow.

Only if you want to get ripped off or test your luck. E-Bay is almost totally geared in favor of the seller... Buyers are barely protected against rip off's.

Sorry the only comics I have are first editions of Buffy the Vamp Slayer immediately after the series ended. Tragic, that.

Stevie Wrote:Only if you want to get ripped off or test your luck. E-Bay is almost totally geared in favor of the seller... Buyers are barely protected against rip off's.

I don't entirely agree with you. True, I have had a couple of bad experiences buying on eBay but the majority of times they have been entirely satisfactory. My most recent purchase has been five Japanese porcelain bowls that I have been hunting for for months and got them at what I consider the bargain price of $16.50.

eBay is a useful place for finding things from all over the world. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of any other site that offers the same facilities.

Actually, Ebay is very buyer friendly and really only caters to big sellers.
If you are an average person who is considered a small-time seller, they screw you over at every turn, then Paypal will come in and kick you while you're down.

Ebay and Paypal are beyond unethical.