Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Canadian right to be worried?
Breaking news: Canada pre-emptively shuts down us citizen immigration prior to a potential onslaught of millions of us political refugees expected to run for the exits in the event of a trump presidency, "just until we can figure what the hell is going on!"

Associated Press

Dateline Ottawa, Canada - As the American Presidential Election draws nearer and an increasing number of Americans pledge to "get the hell out" of the country in the event of a nightmarish Trump victory, nervous Canadian politicians are taking precautionary action to deal with the potential onslaught of hordes of political refugees that some estimate could be in the millions. Most of these anti-immigration dogmatists claim that they don't intend on denying Americans entry forever, just until they can "figure out what the hell is going on".

Canadian fears are seated in apprehension of religions extremism of Christian fanatics that seems to afflict America in much greater proportion than any other nation on earth, as the whole world watches in horror at the growing power of Christian Extremism in American culture and politics. Abby Leeds of Toronto, a supporter of this bill explains, "I just want to make sure Canadian women will be able to have safe abortions now and forever into the future; just as it's been in Canada since 1969. I just can't trust Americans to not infringe on these rights, as so many of them seem intent on shoving their extremist religious nonsense down everybody's throats."

Many other Canadians are sickened by the extreme levels of bigotry in American culture that appears to be worsening since the unleashing of Fox News - an extreme right wing propaganda outlet - the most watched and well funded of the increasing number of media outlets owned or controlled by religious extremists - that appears to have as one of its main agendas the fanning of racist, sexist, homophobic, and bigoted flames. Harold Aims, a business owner and Vancouver local, explained the most important thing was making sure his Muslim, Sikh and homosexual employees felt safe in their workplace, homes, and communities.

Many other Canadians are worried about the spread of violent culture. Gun violence is a well documented issue in America, one that Canada does not want spilling over the border. Alex Peterson, one of the champions of the bill released this statement: "...certainly we don't think all Americans are violent terrorists, but we can't be sure who is or who isn't. The whole world is aware of the frightening gun nut culture and the batshit crazy justifications so many American morons express for refusing to do anything to bring violent gun terror under control in that uncivilized, backwards culture. Until we find a way to screen more effectively, there must be protections in place to save Canada from the spread of American style gun terror. Letting American refugees in is a risk we cannot take."

Still others are worried about the low average IQ levels in the US and are afraid that if too many low IQ morons are let in at once, that it could ruin Canada's relatively advanced, modern, civilized society.

Our sources are also getting word the a similar bill is about to be introduced into the Mexican legislature.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

that puts a perspective on it.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

This wouldn't surprise me... and I wouldn't really blame them.

Edited: That said? Like [MENTION=14705]Pix[/MENTION], I went searching for some kind of verification on this and couldn't find even a whisper of anything that might indicate this is true.

Is this a real article? Because I'm not finding it on actual news sites.

Though I do know that plenty of Canadians, and even Australians, marvel that FOX News is both allowed and popular. I can't blame them, the first time I saw Glenn Beck at the gym, I was sure I was watching a dry parody of some sort not to be taken seriously. When I finally realized that this was the infamous FOX News I'd heard about, I was surprised to find that what others said about it was not an exaggeration. Learning about it, and its popularity, was yet another time that I was not cynical enough. As cynical as I was (less than now), I was sure Americans were smarter than that.

Trump's recent success is the latest lesson in how I'm not cynical enough.

This Canadian doesn't care and this article isn't real. Any immigrant to Canada has to go through serious screening, and although we are known to welcome immigrant from all corners of the world, Canada is very selective on whom can enter the country since 9/11 and that includes our cousin from the south. Political refugees are accepted upon some very specific requirements.

American citizen or not, the person will have to qualify like everyone else and by the time he/she is green lighted to immigrate, the next US president will approaching the end of his/her first term.

The Canadian immigration authorities will assess your age, occupation, experience, education, language ability, strength of any connections to Canada and whether you have a qualifying job offer.

Ask anyone who have tried to immigrate in Canada, they will tell you how trying the experience is. And let's be honest Trump isn't president yet and have not done anything yet to prove that American citizens are in danger even though they believe they could be, so the political refugee status would be one heck of an adventure to get.

So no, this Canadian doesn't worry, this is just gossip and this article could be as well just a joke or fear propaganda. Immigrating to Canada is not a walk in the park.

Thanks Jake for your point of view. I had cut and pasted the original article rather that post the URL because there was a glaring spelling mistake in it. Unfortunately I can't now find the original. An admittedlt veryb quick search on the Internet brings up this that is probably a more reasoned article.

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/economy/...ion-rules/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Thanks Jake for your point of view.

What I said there isn't my personal point of view. They are facts. Anyone can see it via the Canadian Immigration website. This article you've posted disregards all the procedures and shows only an hypothetical situation. Canadian Immigration and citizenship

In fact Londoner it would be easier for you a British Citizen to immigrate in Canada than any American person. India, Australia, New Zealand and any other countries member of the commonwealth have it easier when it comes to immigrate in Canada and vice and versa for other commonwealth countries. Although the USA are friend and allies, they will get a harder time then any of the non-commonwealth countries. But the screening is still in effect.

I was trying to find the article I read earlier this year but I can't and it's lateSleep anyway, the article showed that this is actually something that happens every election year. U.S. citizens have said that they will move to Canada each time George W. Bush and Obama were elected and each year the number gets a little higher. people have even gone so far as filling out the paper work, however only a hand full of U.S. citizens actually go through with it.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

ceez Wrote:however only a hand full of U.S. citizens actually go through with it.

That's because when they are faced with the reality and the consequences, they quickly understand that it doesn't worth the shot. Although we are ranked high in the quality of living, Canada isn't a paradise. Because I travelled around the world in my youth and adulthood, I have seen those "fluffy unicornish ads" they serve selling Canada as heaven on earth... I laughed each and every time so much it is false advertising. I'm not saying that we're close to Afghanistan in terms of governmental politics, but there's a lot of things that isn't right in Canada just like any other countries. If you come here with PHDs ( if they are indeed accepted), with a lot of cash, sure you'll make a good living for yourself, but if you come here with nothing, you'll have to work twice as hard than a naturally born Canadian to reach a sustainable living condition

However, there's one thing that stands with Canadians, when you're a newly accepted Canadian, you can be certain that even in the smallest village you will be greeted with a smile following "Welcome to Canada." That is if the greeter isn't a racist/fascist/ignorant, bigoted, biased, socially inept asshole LOL.

LONDONER Wrote:Still others are worried about the low average IQ levels in the US and are afraid that if too many low IQ morons are let in at once, that it could ruin Canada's relatively advanced, modern, civilized society.

This paragraph right there prove enough that the article isn't serious at all, although, some Canadians who are morons themselves would believe this popular bullshit stating that the common American is uneducated and moron, I find that quite insulting for many Americans that are not qualifying to this popular stereotype. Canada cannot compare itself with USA on the ground that we do not have the same population, Canada is roughly 37 Million souls against 300+ millions only on the mainland of USA.

What to say about IQ rating? Interesting enough IQ standards do not take wisdom in consideration, nor does it includes artistically bent individual .

IQ tests are developed through a process known as psychometrics. Psychometrics is the science of measuring constructs or abstract things, such as intelligence, depression, anxiety, and so forth.

Is the IQ metric useful? The answer is yes. However, its uses are limited, and it is in no way intended to be a stand alone measure or an indicator of how well one's life will go. They're necessary for identifying people who may need substantial assistance throughout their lives. They are typically used in the diagnosis of:
  • specific learning disabilities
  • intellectual disability

IQ test are meaningless except for their predictive validities. In the case of the Wechsler and Stanford-Binet scales (the most commonly used tests), they are good at predicting academic success, and that's about it.

In the case of every other IQ test, nobody has any idea what it is that they measure although there are many test authors who say they do and expound at great length about this - without supporting data. What this means is that your 256 IQ on the Wellingford-Boopsy-Charm Scale may not mean very much.

So there, enough with that bullshit that Americans are morons, because moronic behaviours have no race, no country, no gender and certainly no age.