Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are bad teeth a major turnoff?
And by bad teeth I dont mean yellow like you dont brush them, I mean someone who needed braces but was never able to get them. I have really bad teeth and my mom got my hopes up and said she would be getting me braces and then plans changed and now I am really really depressed. I was just started to gain a bit of confidence in my appearance and was looking forward to getting my braces but now my self-esteem is back to being low. If I want braces I have to wait till I'm 18 and even then I might not be able to get them

Sorry if this post sounds really whiny, I literally just found out about not getting braces anymore today, it really sucks.

I had braces before... It made my teeth a lot better

Well it depends on people's preferences. Some are ok with bad teeth...it depends on the severity though

As for me... Well it matters. But not a big deal, as bad teeth can be remedied nowadays

[SIZE="3"]Sorry to hear that and hope your parents can find a way, have you tried a payment plan? Alot of dentist let you make payments.
Confidence comes from the inside anyway and not the way you look. I used to get really self conscious and embarrassed about my teeth, but i realized i had better teeth than most of my friends.
Anyhow if i could help i would , dont let it get you down.[/SIZE]

I Had braces, wished I never ever had them.

Crooked teeth are not a turn off in the slightest, it is our imperfections that make us memorable and attractive.

Bad personal hygiene...extremely unattractive.

Bad teeth for ME, are not a problem,

bad breath is..

but for some people it can be aesthetically unappealing to have crooked teeth. You just see everything is this world..

of course that for people that couldn't afford a dentist it's not really fair is it?

Think about this, when you hit 18, you still have a lot of life ahead of you to show off this new trait of yours.

Until that day, you make people notice you for how great you are as a person, cause quite frankly, it's not worth it wasting time with people who will only notice your teeth..

trust me, it will be ok and you are perfectly fine as you are, and soon enough you'll be even better!

Bad teeth, not so much.

People who cant be bothered to CLEAN their teeth.......HELL YEAH!

As long as your teeth doesn't get in the way of...um.... Gee I can't think of anything that is oral that you want your teeth to not do damage of the top of my head.... perhaps you can think of something?

My teeth are bent and crooked and uneven, never stopped me from getting laid and maybe the reason I got many offers to get laid. I don't something orally about me may have been the underlying culprit....

Had 6 relationships and none of them refrained from kissing me because of crooked teeth.

There are so many very real flaws in human beings that a real turn off, such as a temper that results in casts, sutures or minor hospital stays.... If your worse flaw is something minor and physical like bent/crooked or even missing teeth then you are the perfect man and really need to move here now....:tongue:

Not really. I've never seen a genuine smile I haven't liked.

Dental hygiene is another issue, of course. If I can smell your breath, it's not attractive. If it's just mildly bad, okay whatever it's not like I'll remember it for the next time we meet, but consistent bad dental hygiene says something about a person I believe.

It's a personal preference thing. For me, bad teeth would be a turn off, because one of the things that turns me on is a guy's smile.

That being said, everyone is turned on by different things.....someone may be turned on by someone's eyes, their broad shoulders, their chest hair, or any number of items. You can't make a blanket statement that 'bad teeth are a turn off', because not everyone thinks that way. One man's turnoff could be another's turn on. What one man finds 'bad' another could find 'sexy'.

there are alternatives to braces, if it really bothers you. You may want to look into them.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

No...bad teeth don't both me...sometimes they add a bit of character to a guy...

Perfect teeth actually bother me sometimes though.