Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are bad teeth a major turnoff?
Depends. If it's a bit crocked, it's okay. If you look like a rabbit, then...

Even after almost 4 years of braces, my teeth are not perfect.

I really hope not because my teeth are crooked. I could never afford braces, because I only needed them recently and a payment plan wouldn't work because we already are low on money. Also I couldn't deal with having to change my diet for years because I want my teeth looking a bit nicer.

>.> It's all those stupid wisdom teeth's fault.

Well, at least I brush and floss every day, and occasionally I brush with baking soda to get rid of coffee stains.

If I could change any part about me it would probably be my teeth, but tough tough titties.

Anyway, It's more important that I feel clean than pretty tbh.

I wouldn't want to end up with someone who's so shallow as to put that much importance on my teeth anyway.

Why do you have to wait until you're 18 to get braces? If you don't have the money, go find a job and save some money every month.

In britain we can handle bad teeth. This isnt just a myth. Ive seen its true for myself. I dont care about teeth as long as there not too unnaturally white.

Yeah...i agree with Brits. I've read somewhere that it's probably because the elites during the earlier time were the only people who can afford sweets, thus they have bad teeth. Its like having a bad teeth is a sign you are well-off (correct me if im wrong)

What i meant though when i said it matters, is that there are really severe scenarios...like having dental caries in so many teeth, which i've seen here on my country. However if its just a crooked teeth or maybe not so straight teeth then i dont really mind since not all people are blessed to have a great teeth.

Like what others say, dental hygiene is more important. Your perfect white teeth is useless if a foul odor comes out when you speak

partis Wrote:In britain we can handle bad teeth ...
Increasingly it's a case of having to. Health care free at the point of delivery does not exist in dentistry. I realise that it doesn't in other parts of the world either and that the costs can be much higher. One of my kids is a dentist in the USA and a few times a year he and his colleagues give a day without pay to help people who need dental treatment they cannot otherwise afford. It is shocking that the queues for treatment go round the block from 6am until late on in the day.

In response to Luke's question, probably not, although nice teeth can be a bonus. Uneven teeth can be more difficult to keep clean, but cleanliness is more important than whether they form a proper chorus line.

My crush caught my eye because of his smile. Seriously, he is not that attractive and my college friend that knows about my crush on him keeps telling me I'm out of his league... But that smile is gorgeous! So yeah, it matters to me.

I don't really fall for guys for their overall looks (my crush is quite chubby, his face is cute but he is not hot), I like the details. Eyes, hair, smile... Those are things that attract me the most.

Ekwarph Wrote:Even after almost 4 years of braces, my teeth are not perfect.

Braces are not a panacea; they can sometimes be a long hard road. I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it if and when you can. You should. In the meantime though, remember:

Bad breath is more of a problem than bad teeth.

And I've known quite a few people who had some major flaw such as bad teeth, bad complexion, bad hair, low libido... but really shone because of their great personalities.
southbiochem Wrote:... make people notice you for how great you are as a person...

The right person will love you for who you not, not for your teeth.

I'm in a similar position. My teeth aren't awful or anything, but they're slightly crooked in a way that braces can't fix. Most people say they don't really notice/care since they're still white and all, but perhaps they were just trying to be nice. As for myself, yellow teeth is a major turn-off but when the problem isn't hygienic, I don't really care.