Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I progress from here?
Alright, my last relationship ended up failing due to external pressures and I have recently met a guy I've had a crush on for a while. Anyway, he's hard to chat to online as he is often grouchy after work. We finally met in person and spent the entirety of the short meeting cuddled up together. Now what I need advice with is how do I progress from here? I want to persue a relationship with him but am worried I'll end up scaring him off due to my somewhat obsessive nature and tendancy to wind myself up over the smallest things. If anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.

Just relax, try to enjoy time you spend with him. But above all, RELAX.

Interesting story, I was in the same situation with a guy for months where a lot of it was just us cuddling and talking about silly stuff. It was difficult for me to express my feelings towards him and it took me awhile to do it. I like him a lot and things are improving to my liking each time I see him and he always feels the same way when I say all that mushy stuff haha. Just give it some time. Some people take awhile to express their feelings, I am definitely one of those people. It just takes me a while to get to trust someone enough with my heart, so as I don't get hurt. Good luck with everything!

I used to be the same when I was younger, but life teaches you lessons and slowly your nature changes. From being the eternal worrier I am now a 'Oh well, it is what it is' sort of person.

You could probably seek professional help, but I don't think that would help, progression of life is the only thing that wil help, who knows, you may learn quicker than others and learn to relax and trust. A good relationship would be with someone who understands and allows you the time and space to learn these lessons.

Good luck mate.

Take things easy and try to panic.