Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are scars unattractive?
Alex Wrote:Hey not all models are sheeps you know. LOL. One particularity of being a model is to have a natural beauty or natural complexion so if that scar comes with it so be it but I seriously doubt that they would line up to get one. I know I wouldn't Smile

My apology there,I guess it's one of my prejudices against models that I've only realized just now,I've always thought many models would go through surgery and god knows what else just to get their look.

i hate my scars because the remind me of horrible things , not just because i think they're ugly

What about emotional scars? I have mixed feelings about my childhood because of certain events that I wish had gone differently. In general I'll say I hate my childhood,but not that there's nothing good at all in it,but all the bad things seem to overwhelm the good things. =|

Scars are fine as long as you don't try to cover them up. That makes them look much worse.

Alex Wrote:I have mine... but the first time my husband told me HIS childhood I kind of felt okay with mine LOL

That doesn't sound right to me. :confused:

Behind every scar is a story, they're interestingly informative when learning about people.

Again, thanks for the positive thoughts. Makes me a little less worried about the thing. The main thing is that it's inevitably going to be brought up when I first meet/court someone whenever that happens, and I'm going to have to explain it, which can be kind of uncomfortable— I always either get shocked silences or overt and sappy sympathy from people, neither of which I particularly enjoy. Thinking about it more in context, I suppose that's what worries me more than the actual scar itself; having to tell the story about it without freaking someone out.

Scars are cool!

Best conversation starter eva

Gee what's the story there... My personal favorite with tatoos
"If you don't mind me asking, whats the reason for / behind / motivation for the tat"?

Yea right, here's me, a self made social outcast giving advice on how to meet people...:eek:

I have too many scars, especially on my hands. It just makes them look old and I am slightly self conscious of them.

My other scars though (back, legs, etc) I couldn't care. As other posters have mentioned they are good for stories.

It depends on where they are, some scars can look bad and others the complete opposite.

Though I know about scars as well, I have a surgery scar on my stomach from when I was little (To little to remember), I had problems with my digestive system and odds are that if the surgery didnt happen I would be veeeeeeery sick all my life. They said the scar would shrink as I grew, nope! It grew along with me.