Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asperger's Syndrome / Autism
Where I get lost on the phone is that I want to keep talking when it's the other person's turn! But they should just stop and let me talk! :tongue:

Exactly Gossamer, I have something important, at least to me, to say and they just need to shut up and let me finish - even if that might be 10 minutes from now. :tongue:

Well, I just figure if I keep talking, they'll shut up! That didn't work today, though.

I actually am autistic, but It's not a very common kind. It really only makes me super good at reading, but terrible at math, and abstract things, and my IQ's through the roof. You could say I'm "High-Functioning." But I don't have all the details.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:There is a presumption that I am light aspy in that I don't do small talk, I tend to get lost on the gist of when its my turn to talk on the telephone. I'm happiest leaning up against a wall as a support system than I am with the whole 'meet and greet' and talk about stuff that isn't really important.

Further, I have dutifully been removing tags from my shirts since 1974 (age 8) as they annoy me to to no end. Maybe a bit sooner, I recall being a wee child and trying to remove the damn things with brute force...

I'm also 'light sensitive' - natural sunlight is not a problem, At night with the house lights I tend to go around turning off lights and keeping it dim in the house as I get 'annoyed' and perturbed by bright unnatural lights.

Of course if I had my way we would live by candle light or oil lamp light. There is something soothing and comfortable about the yellow glow.

I also did the test a while back, I tested in at 35 or something like that.

Never went in for a proper diagnosis, I figure now that I'm 46 years old there is really no point in that.
hmm, strange i mostly do small talk unless it's about a topic of particular interest

Not aspergers syndrome. But I am dyslexic, adhd, a higher I Q than I want to admit. Didn't talk until I was four years old. I am bi, leaning toward gay lately, but I find it fascinating, so many of you have similar mental quirks.

I hear you on the IQ, same here, numbers that make us look like nerds even when we aren't. :biggrin:

Blue Wrote:I hear you on the IQ, same here, numbers that make us look like nerds even when we aren't. :biggrin:

I dislike all the people who think I should be a professor. Or be in some smarty people club. I studied physics, it facinated me, but it is nothing to make a career out of.

Same with me an meteorology. I studied it because weather fascinates me. I'd never want to be a weatherman, nor work for NOAA. I did it via correspondence just because it fascinated me.

Isaac was a blast, that one didn't do what it should have done so many times, even the pressures were crazy for a while, then it didn't behave as it should have upon finally making it's final landfall - those are the storms that fascinate me the most, the ones that throw a few models out the window and make you think, and work out the potential dynamics without a model to base you educated guesses on.

Blue Wrote:Same with me an meteorology. I studied it because weather fascinates me. I'd never want to be a weatherman, nor work for NOAA. I did it via correspondence just because it fascinated me.

Isaac was a blast, that one didn't do what it should have done so many times, even the pressures were crazy for a while, then it didn't behave as it should have upon finally making it's final landfall - those are the storms that fascinate me the most, the ones that throw a few models out the window and make you think, and work out the potential dynamics without a model to base you educated guesses on.

Those storms can be wild sometimes