Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath house
meridannight Wrote:I actually wish the baths culture was still alive. I read about it, how it was at its heyday in San Francisco (and in other west coast cities), and it was a decent way to meet guys and have some fun.

Nowadays we have Grindr and various apps on the internet. The gay culture has degraded considerably. This is not a normal way to go about life, the way we have started to do it. Normal way is to have places where you can go and meet and actually interact with other men. That does not happen on the internet. None of it is real on the internet. The internet thing is complete and utter bullshit.
I know what you mean, [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION], but I can assure you I'm real, and I'm guessing you are very real too. So let's just admit that the Internet has changed the way we interact socially, but it doesn't make us humans 'unreal', does it?

princealbertofb Wrote:I know what you mean, [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION], but I can assure you I'm real, and I'm guessing you are very real too. So let's just admit that the Internet has changed the way we interact socially, but it doesn't make us humans 'unreal', does it?

Yeah, I know and believe you're real. But I can't see you. I can't see what you look like or how you carry yourself. How you walk, how you talk or what your voice sounds like. I can't see what makes you smirk or smile, what makes you frown, things you react to and things you don't.

I have no meaningful way of interacting with you at all. No, we are not unreal. But the interaction between us is.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:Yeah, I know and believe you're real. But I can't see you. I can't see what you look like or how you carry yourself. How you walk, how you talk or what your voice sounds like. I can't see what makes you smirk or smile, what makes you frown, things you react to and things you don't.

I have no meaningful way of interacting with you at all. No, we are not unreal. But the interaction between us is.

OK; I see what you mean.

I sometimes wonder if Watson isn't a member on various message boards:

[Image: 20170122043432973.jpg]
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/ibm-...o-do-next/
Use a condom.

One in my local town, a lot more common in the UK than people think.

I've only ever been to a bath house once, years ago when I was in my early 20's. I had a friend who was a member and signed me in as a guest. We had been out clubbing previously, and it was around 3am, so I was slightly inebriated :redface:

I've heard some horror stories since then, but I found the one I went too extremely clean and well maintained, and I had a rather nice 'encounter' with a Bi guy in the Jacuzzi too :biggrin:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

By the way, [MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION], don't you have some hot bath house stories to share with the rest of us who didn't get the chance to experience that culture?

I for one am very interested to hear from someone who actually lived that scene.
''Do I look civilized to you?''