If it's a night out, like with dancing and debauchery. A couple
of beers then if it's cold out I like shots of Jagermeister. But during
the summer I like to drink Mojito's or super girly drinks like Cosmo's
and the like [or more beer!]

Promise, I'm not an alchy.. Just curious and bored and figured I
should start 'drink' topic :]

Beer is just disgusting.

I like liquor and mixed drinks.

When I used to drink (cant anymore), it was Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Margaritas, Pina Coladas, Mudslides, and White Russians.

Hmmm, and Smurf Piss, Cowboy Cocksuckers, Sex on the Beach, Sex in the Sand, Rum and Cokes, and something that wasnt really a drink , but I loved....Cherry Bombs (cherries soaked in grenadine for a week).

I'm a whiskey and coke kind of guy when I go to the bars. A couple doubles and I'm ready to have fun! Big Grin

At home I enjoy hard apple cider, it's a great drink to have with dinner sometimes.

If I'm out then I normally stick with beer or wine cooler as I like to keep my wits about me (and usually won't drink at all for that reason). One exception is honey mead, which I love (but limit myself when out).

Though it can get weird, like once I ordered hot Thai food but found "hot" is much more serious in Thai cuisine than Mexican or Tex Mex. But the prawns were SO delicious while heated that I couldn't stop eating them, yet fearing I'd drink any cold drinks way too fast I'd ordered a Thai beer called Singha (I'd have ordered a plate of rice but service was slow and I was scared my oh so delicious if painfully spicy prawns would get cold) as I was curious AND I figured it would keep my drinking it to a minimum (as I don't like the taste). Didn't work exactly and I downed 3 beers at least before I just got a glass of water (as I realized I was getting a strong buzz).

But when drinking at home with friends I usually go with peach brandy. Basically peach & strawberry are my flavors of choice when it comes to alcohol. And that day drinking Singhas at the Thai House ended with me and my then partner having ice cream topped with peach brandy...

NerdyGiant23 Wrote:I'm a whiskey and coke kind of guy when I go to the bars. A couple doubles and I'm ready to have fun! Big Grin

At home I enjoy hard apple cider, it's a great drink to have with dinner sometimes.

I haven't had any Hard Apple Cider before, maybe I will during the
fall/winter months :]

Quote:One exception is honey mead, which I love (but limit myself when out).

I've always heard about Honey Mead and well Mead in general. Over
here the only place I could think of to where to get is, is at RenFaires and
probably some fancy craft beer stores, I really want to try that someday too ;]

Hmm... Spirits & Cocktails? Tongue

I like flavoured liquors like Tia Maria, but in general I don't like a drink unless it's really strong, or brightly coloured, with more than one type of alchohol in it.

Beer.

Or cocktails and sometimes spirits.

Beer.

After too much time at college parties a few years ago, hard liquor now makes me sick to my stomach. If I even smell the stuff, I lose my lunch. The exception, for some reason, is whiskey. I can drink that without any issues. Just not bourbon... yuck.

But damn do I love my beer.

Depends on the beer they have.
I love beer, but nobody will make me drink a bad one. Big Grin
I also love pastis, rhum, good vodka and of course wine.

Don't really like to get drunk, I just appreciate tastes of alcohols.

I don't like the taste of alcohol but I enjoy being drunk when I go out with people. In other words I prefer smaller amounts of strong stuff over larger amounts of weak stuff.