Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best online store? (iTunes, amazon, etc)
I'm a huge fan of iTunes but is it the best online store there is?

Amazon has more products but iTunes seems to be better in the ebooks department (I'm not sure about this but I was able to find several titles that were not available on Amazon).

Moreover Amazon is a purely online store and you don't have to install it on your PC to be able to use it.

Two questions:

1. Are there any other online stores that you recommend?

2. What's the best way to buy movies online and download them to your computer? I'd like to be able to save my movies onto external hard disks and/or burn them onto DVDs using Nero Multimedia.

I've never bought any e-books from their site but I've always loved bookdepository.co.uk! I know they do have e-books though and some of them are even given away for free on a monthly basis I think.

I use Amazon because I have a Kindle Fire HD. I buy all my music and movies through them but I have a student membership so that is why.

computer stuff
newegg.com

everything else
ebay.com

You guys actually pay money for this?

[Image: pirate-ship.gif]

mbennet35 Wrote:I use Amazon because I have a Kindle Fire HD. I buy all my music and movies through them but I have a student membership so that is why.

Prime Bitch, Prime :p .

I too have a Kindle Fire HD and find Amazon to have blessed my life...thrice.

Although, Amazon is not as fluid interface wise and is alot more utilitarian in essence, for which I appreciate it, but to many, it feels like a jump back.

As for Ebooks, Amazon perhaps is the best retailer, however, many *good* books require you to buy them, but if you are like moi and Bennet, then Books can be borrowed and cycled for free(however only in the US and US territories I believe, same for Movies, but being outside the US, I am not allowed this privilege, but instead use it for 2 day shipping), so perhaps buying into a Membership would be more beneficial, especially if you are an Avid/Fast reader...in the US lol.

Take this from a Book Junkie ;3

Game Apps are severely lower in comparison to iTunes or the Android Market, as Amazon only puts up the most popular apps from either Market and Apps by Developers who by a miraculous chance purposefully want their apps on the Amazon App Store.

However, through the use of APKs and my fortunately still operating Samsung Galaxy Tablet, I have managed to Side Load this minor issue.

I personally use Amazon Primarily, along with the Blackberry App World, iTunes Store and Google Play(Android Market) and of these 4, I would say Amazon has the best in diversity, as their niche is literally everything and ya Grannies dentures, while lacking proficiency in any one area(aside from Books and Retail).

So perhaps Amazon, or eBay even, but so far Amazon has been faithful to me and hasn't cheated on me, so I will do the same.

Also, #2.) just be aware this is illegal in some countries, so becareful as you do it, but other than that...I have no clue :p .

It is still a Copyright Infringement through Affiliation, as taking a form of Media from it's original state and reproducing it is copyright and to distribute is also quite bad and even purchasing a reproduction or "Boot Leg" is almost just as bad.

So if not obtained from a reputable and legal source, then I'd watch my Toes if I was you and you could never sell it, as it is not considered authentic.

Just Sayin boo. I have a Cousin who Boot Legs and while I don't support that, I have learned from him the things that could and would happen in a certain circumstance

^o^

Loveya

I use E Bay and Amazon a lot to buy books and DVDS.
An eye for an eye

Personally, I think Amazon's one of the best options out there. It has a wide range of things for sale, and even products it doesn't stock itself can sometimes be found on the marketplace (and products that are stocked can sometimes be found extremely cheap there too).

Plus, it's recommendation system can sometimes be pretty smart. Sometimes.

Amazon, Amazon, Amazon......for music mainly.
You can buy music by the song, so you dont have to buy the whole album (MP3).
Most music is available in CD or MP3.

Ive tried other "free" sites or "easy to use" sites that people have told me about, but they are anything but free or easy to use.

If I know what Im looking for, I usually get it off Amazon for MP3's and Ebay for the CD's.

Amazon is always sending me free MP3 credits. I have gotten like 10 songs free just because of special offers. Big Grin