Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to buy movies and tv series online?
I have a huge DVD collection and today I find it obsolete, a complete waste of space and money. Now that I'm moving to a new flat, they have truly become a nuisance. Same thing with paper books: for an avid reader like, they are simply not viable.

In these days of iTunes and online stores, DVDs make no sense whatsoever.

So, what's the best way to buy movies and tv series online? Any website that you'd like to recommend? I'm looking for quick downloads, low prices and great diversity.

I love iTunes and I have bought several music albums from those guys but it seems you can't copy or edit their movie files. I would like to have something I could work on with Nero Multimedia and then share with my students.

Thanks guys!

[Image: neutral-pirate-poker-face-l.png]

MisterLove Wrote:I have a huge DVD collection and today I find it obsolete, a complete waste of space and money. Now that I'm moving to a new flat, they have truly become a nuisance. Same thing with paper books: for an avid reader like, they are simply not viable.

In these days of iTunes and online stores, DVDs make no sense whatsoever.

So, what's the best way to buy movies and tv series online? Any website that you'd like to recommend? I'm looking for quick downloads, low prices and great diversity.

I love iTunes and I have bought several music albums from those guys but it seems you can't copy or edit their movie files. I would like to have something I could work on with Nero Multimedia and then share with my students.

Thanks guys!
thepiratebay

you're welcome Smile

Rawr Wrote:[Image: neutral-pirate-poker-face-l.png]
I've been devanced :o

I was a little more discrete :p

No way, I was just saying he could check in bays where there are pirats who have DVD in stock, nothing more Wink

Sorry guys, I'm against piracy. I'm not a saint, I have done it before (especially ebooks, because their prices are obscene) but I don't mind paying if the product is good and the price is fair.

Hmm Lp gave way to 8track tapes and cassette tapes, which gave way to CD, which gave way to Mp3 and Mp4 and crap, which is soon to give away to some sort of HyperCubic format that everyone just has to own in the Cloud Which will give way to Super Subsonic Harmonics Nth Dimensional whatever which will make your Hypercubic Format untenable and unplayable so you will have to re buy your classical music, you know Lady GaGa.

8mm gave way to Beta gave way to VHS gave way to DVD giving way to Blueray and Ultraviolet Ray giving way to ......?

I have games on floppies I can't retrieve from the floppy. I have games on CD-Roms that just won't play on Windows 7 and now Windows 8 there are no patches, there are no fixes. I bought SimAnt (1991) I "own" it - but I can't play it because its on a floppy disk so I ended up having to find a 'free' version of it on the interwebs with a Dos Game interface program which most likely if I bought Windows 8 won't work with Win8

And this is exactly how the media sales companies want it to be. They don't want to to really own anything - ergo the antipiracy crap and how much they work real hard at making it difficult to copy the information. Now rental CD's have the extras cut out in order to entice people to buy the store CD to have the 15 minutes of Deleted Scene and the Blooper Reel when they buy Bambi - a 71 year old movie that has been digitized, colored enhanced, had the cut 0.4 seconds of newly found film edited back in.

The real reason why I hate the Electronic book: Because they have figured out a way how to make it impossible for you to actually own a book. Bound Paper lasts for centuries (if taken care of). I have books from the 1800's which anyone can open up and start reading - no Downloading a patch, no compatibility with the newest reader issues - the book is in a static format that doesn't change over time.

10-20 years from now your Kindle Reader will be replaced with some new technology that compresses the data to fit the book on the back of a gnat. In the process it will just be that your Kindle Library will end up being unreadable and you will just have to go out and re-buy all your books if you ever want to actually read them again. Movies, Music, Video Games - you name it, any media is going to be changed drastically and your 'library' is going to end up in the dustbin of history.

I gave up on the whole 'own a library of ________' concept. Instead I satisfy myself with renting movies from data rental outfits like Netflix/Hulu or getting in my pirate ship and pirating.

Ultimately it is your money to do with as you please.... If you want to invest in a whole library to have it made redundant and obsolete in 10-20 years go for it... People seem to have to problem with being forced to update (replace) their phones every 2.3 years, surely they won't mind being forced to replace their media every 5.7 years....

I like dvds and books and not sitting at my desk to watch a film!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:10-20 years from now your Kindle Reader will be replaced with some new technology that compresses the data to fit the book on the back of a gnat. In the process it will just be that your Kindle Library will end up being unreadable and you will just have to go out and re-buy all your books if you ever want to actually read them again. Movies, Music, Video Games - you name it, any media is going to be changed drastically and your 'library' is going to end up in the dustbin of history.

It won't be 10-20 years but much sooner the way that technology moves these days. I believe that the average life of a Kindle Reader is about three years. What happens is that it freezes when you're in the middle of a book and the only way you can continue is to buy a new Kindle and pay to download again.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams