Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billboard gets it wrong
it's also this quote that makes them look really stupid:

Quote:we believe twins research studies show...

that's right, you 'believe'! because even identical twins are not genetically identical, morons. that was discovered back in 2012. mutations will take place early on in the womb rendering the two to have different genetic codes.

i'm not gonna go into the whole subject of twin studies and homosexuality and how this statement is stupid in more than one sense. suffice to say, that it is, and it's a complex subject. what i don't like is morons like these using science to show it as if it spoke in favor of their cause, without even possessing basic understanding of the science they are quoting.

I think we are in general agreement, Hardheaded1, but your first paragraph confuses me.

I am simply glad that a local news station which is fairly centrist and open has taken on the task of reporting the event and has also been contacted by the model who brings an enlightening stand to the conversation. I imagine that the PFOX organization simply used a stock picture without researching its background. Yes, it did blow up in their face and I consider that to be a good thing.
I bid NO Trump!

hahahahahahahahaha

As Meridian noted, what's worse, is the ridiculous premise that because you have a pair of twins that they are perfect genetic clones of each other and therefore, behaviourally utterly identical in every respect.

Anyone with identical twins will be able to tell you that there are differences in behaviour that exhibit themselves directly from the womb.

This should at least have all the parents of twins laughing at the group that pissed away their money on this stupid billboard.

I just noticed that I accidentally quoted your quote of ceez instead of ceez's quote. Thanks for the catch. I was scrolling down and overshot when I thought I was quoting him.

I meant to quote "ugh, this had to be in VA didn't it. now every religious bigot will drive by the sign and say "see, I told you".

And for the record, I don't have any beef with arguments that contend sexuality is more than mere genetics, but I am a strong opponent to the notion that homosexuality is inherently immoral. Whether it is styled as a choice, a developmental adaptation, a genetic imperative, a result of estrogen flooding the womb, or whatever, it matters not. It is a legitimate state of being, and therefore needs no defense from its causation. It is not a defect, period. It is statistically a fringe occurrence, but so is being a genius.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:I am a strong opponent to the notion that homosexuality is inherently immoral. Whether it is styled as a choice, a developmental adaptation, a genetic imperative, a result of estrogen flooding the womb, or whatever, it matters not. It is a legitimate state of being, and therefore needs no defense from its causation. It is not a defect, period. It is statistically a fringe occurrence, but so is being a genius.

couldn't agree more. even if it was a choice, there's nothing wrong with that. say a guy could choose to be sexually attracted to men and he did so. what's wrong with that? absolutely nothing.

although i will argue that it isn't a choice because i know from experience it isn't a choice.

The reason they are so adamant about it being a choice is because if they accept that it isn't a choice then they look like the assholes that they are for directing so much hatred and discrimination against us...and ruining so many lives.... "in the name of Jesus" ...

If it is a choice...they can argue we made the wrong one and their job is to save us...a lot more convenient for them.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:The billboard is a shameful, but actually a double blessing to gays. First, it is an over-the-top attack. Whether its premise is substantiated or as much of a falsehood as its photograph, it is an attack in broad daylight. The tide is already on our side, and every one of these attacks actually converts more people to our allies.

The second benefit is that their tactic of lying with a gay model's picture could not have been more advantageous to us than if it had been ordained by God, or the devil. It blew up in their face, no pun intended.

The more things like this are rubbed in the face of people who support it the more they will be humiliated, laughed at and ridiculed for believing stupid crap like this. Email it to them, but most important >>> bring the subject up withe them in public or around friends ANY TIME YOU CAN. If they don't want to discuss it in front of others FORCE THEM TO so others can laugh and ridicule them. IAnyone who says the don't want to discuss their views in public is already ashamed of themselves) PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH. Be rude and inconsiderate about anytime you gat a chance. Talk loud about how much they think about penises when you bring the subject up with them when you run into them in a slow moving check out line. Never miss a chance to humiliated them in front of co workers or neighbors. Make them squirm any time they see you... and even try to avoid you. Give them no rest about it.

East Wrote:If it is a choice...they can argue we made the wrong one and their job is to save us...a lot more convenient for them.

the only form of salvation i need is a guy fucking me hard and deep, or the other way around. at least i always thought that was salvation.

lets say that I'm a sociopath. i can't help but be a sociopath. its not my fault that i developed into a sociopath.
but to the religious nuts a sociopath is immoral. what if i don't act on being a sociopath but i'm still a sociopath.
am i still a bad person?

also can morals be taught to homosexuals? how do you define morals?
if you take away the fact that its wrong to be gay then can you make a homosexual be a good person.
morals are defined by a society.
a society that defines whats right from a book thats called the bible.
how do you set the standards of whats morals are to include homosexuals.

if you tell a child you are evil from the start whats going to happen?
the child is going to self destruct and could become evil just from being told you're evil.

all of these things come form what the majority of society sees as normal.
when the kids who think they are normal see someone who is not normal what do they do?

the mind is a hard drive thats programmed. I suggest we start thinking outside the program.

when i was intimate with my boyfriend it was heaven. nothing in the world was better then enjoying his company. it made the troubles of the world disappear for me.

how is this evil unless i had him tied up and he was saying ... HELP ... help please ... someone help!

one more thing

salvation is saving someone from sin.

jesus has no problem with gays he has a problem with sin.

I'm not here to convert you.

do as you wish.