Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy in striped pyjamas
Hello all,
Tonight i watched a film known as Boy in striped pyjamas and its set in the second world war... Has anyone seen it??? I watched it and it made me angry the way people are just shoved aside like they were in those days... The way properganda took over peoples lives and leads them to a false pretence andf furthermore i was sad to see em all die however i was happy that the rich boy died with the poor one who he had made friends with Smile I remember in school i cried in this film but as an adult..... I just sat there not balling down like i used to lol

Its a brilliant film, I must admit I shed a tear when I saw it, its just one of those films that gets you.

Speaking of films about germany I saw one called Die Wolke, it has subtitles, now that was heartbreaking.

Haven't seen it yet, Zeon, but it's been on my list of TO-DO, TO-GET and TO-WATCH films... Now that you're recommending it, it makes it all the more worthwhile. Confusedmile:

It's one of those films that I rank up there with Billy Elliot as true innocent love stories, a love that knows no boundaries.

One of the lead actors, Asa Butterfeild, is a mesmerising actor. I first saw in in 'Merlin' and only recently realised it was the same actor.

The movie itself moved me and the final scenes absolutely gutted me. The message was clear, we are all born with the same blood coursing through our veins so how can we allow other people to suffer when we wouldn't allow our own to suffer.

An essential realisation, Dfiant... Bighug

If I remember right was the book quite different from the film? Might have to read it again.

lol my bf is still going on about the film two hours after we finished watching it... I am assuming he has thought alot through it... He tried behaving like his son asking whats happenning at the end but i wasnt telling him whether the lad dies or not but its a very sad film....

Yes, I saw it. It was a good movie overall, though sad at the end. I already recommended it to 2 of my friends, both of whom thought it was a good, worthwhile film to watch. Greg

when i opened this thread i was expecting something way different. never heard of the movie. might have to check it out