Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyfriend smells like a girl
Hello! This has been a concern of mine for a while. I love everything about my man, but since I've known him something doesn't smell right. I think he smells "feminine", not in a perfumey way, but in a hormonal female way. I have no idea why this would be, and I can't find any info about it online. It can sometimes be a big turn off for me. And just recently I've noticed his crotch sometimes smells like fish. Which is peculiar, to say the least.

What is going on? Is it just me? Incompatible chemistry? Or is there a hormonal thing going on that could be treated? Thanks.

Have you smelt many other men... or woman.

It sounds weird but I'm just wondering if you haven't been as intimate with other people what do you have to compare... a one night stand with some guy doused in diesel ?

I don't know about the fishy smell, that might be a hygiene issue but if you love him none of this is worth leaving him.

My step sister smells like my stepdad, I noticed ever since she was a baby.

have you talked to him about it? using certain products and eating certain foods can alter body chemistry and the way a person smells (the most notable example being garlic). the same thing won't necessarily affect two different people in the same way.

i'd look into his diet (or use of products) before you send him out to an endocrinologist.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Sometimes any irritation in the rectum or intestinal tract can cause mucus production, which certainly can have a fishy smell. Does he have any digestive issues like IBS?

Guys can get yeast infections too.

Odor, in general, is produced by molecules, more or less volatile, that reach chemorreceptors in your nasal cavity. Usually Alkylamines, chlorinated, sulfurated and aromatic (benzylated) molecules have particularly typical (good, bad, strong, etc) odors.

The variety of molecules that compose body odor are produced by an array of variables: genetic, dietary, due to sickness, gender-related, hormonal, etc; and it happens through a process of bacterial metabolism of skin gland secretions.

The bacteria that compose your skin flora vary from one individual to another and the secretions too, so individuals tend to have a particular resulting odor.

If you say this guy is ok to you, something like this shouldn't bother you.

I had a school classmate that had a baby-like smell and definitely not a "manly" one. So hey, different people smell different

Now, the crotch thing is a whole other matter. You should probably discuss this with him. Could be that he has insufficient hygiene, sweat overproduction, or it could be something like a fungal infection causing the odor.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]