Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News.... For all the anti-gun peeps! GOD BLESS THE U.S.
http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925...77235.html

Good for her.

keep in mind if you pull something off like this, that you have the bandwidth to deal with the aftermath.

pellaz Wrote:keep in mind if you pull something off like this, that you have the bandwidth to deal with the aftermath.

How could anyone ever live with themselves after having the unmitigated gall to protect themselves and their infant/ Is that what you are getting at? I don't think I would have a hard time sleeping if I were in her situation. And though I would have probably blown his knee off with the shotgun instead of killing him, I wouldn't have a problem killing him if it came down to it.

Most states recognize breaking and entering as a violent action for which lethal force is acceptable. Oklahoma also has castle doctrine which took effect on Nov. 1st 2011 which gives her added protection from prosecution.

Imho she did what she needed to in order to protect her life and that of her family. Which is the only thing that really matters here.

Sent from tapatalk

countyboy Wrote:http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925...77235.html

With all the joy to have tons of allowed weapons UziPipartyPartysmileyPartysmiley Flamethrower.... nobody should forget that much of crimes wich are prevented by allowed weapons are only possible by allowed weapons.

Inchante Wrote:How could anyone ever live with themselves after having the unmitigated gall to protect themselves and their infant/ Is that what you are getting at?
In this case all worked out for the better. The situation was well defined too. Maybe its just you at home and someone is downstairs, did you leave the door unlocked? i am saying be aware, think things through. Maybe its best to let them have the tv. Its insured. Owning a gun for sure makes you combat ready. When was the last time you actually went to practice. Do you know if its loaded.
-what if his dead ass fell the other way; outside. Serious, it would be bad if he was partially dead and you considered to finish him off. Someone thought they saw you not as you described.
-what if he was serving a court warrant, maybe was your drunk husband, maybe you were drunk.
-stray gun shot goes into the neighbor's house, trashes an innocent on the sidewalk.
-the second intruder decides to fight back. In this case he looked stupid tho. the safety of the house occupants in a prolonged exchange?

I am just saying avoid the trauma when ever possible, the less time you spend with cops, courts and lawyers, you are just further ahead. You got the time to take the day off work and bond with the police. I would love a new home improvement project replacing dry wall.

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

pellaz Wrote:keep in mind if you pull something off like this, that you have the bandwidth to deal with the aftermath.

Of course had she NOT pulled something off like that she'd have a whole new set of consequences she'd have to live with which would likely be a lot worse...if she got to live at all.

fenris Wrote:nobody should forget that much of crimes wich are prevented by allowed weapons are only possible by allowed weapons.

You mean like the knife the intruder had?

And I know from experience, even armed criminals don't want armed victims, nor do they intend to get in shoot outs with them like they do in the movies.

fenris Wrote:With all the joy to have tons of allowed weapons UziPipartyPartysmileyPartysmiley Flamethrower.... nobody should forget that much of crimes wich are prevented by allowed weapons are only possible by allowed weapons.

To a minor point, in that allowed weapons (legal) are stolen from legal owners, then used in crime.

But a lot more come in from over the boarder where their 'history' isn't too well known (Most likely the CIA selling the guns to Drug Lords who in turn return them to the USA to sell them to street thugs).

Thus removing the guns from legal citizens does not remove guns from the hands of the thugs (criminals).

Even IF the majority of guns used in crimes came from legal gun owners, its too late to put those worms back into the can.

It was way to late for that back in the 1920/30's prohibition Era.