Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain's Big Freeze
winter is taking its time reaching germany... -10 during the weekend in Leipzig

No snow in Sydney Smile

Ive decided to stay an extra month to ride out the UK weather ;-)

ObW
X

^thats not fair^ ",

An oddly high amount of snow...

Not much, although a few flakes is enough to incur my ire, I hate snow!

We tend to protected here in this part of the North West by the Penine Hills. It tends to stop much of the worst from reaching us - but not always, the bugger creaps round and gets you where you don't expect it.

We had a lazy wind yesterday. The type of wind that would sooner go through you than around you.

I demand a heat wave this summer!

Vigilias Wrote:...
I demand a heat wave this summer!

Ugh, I can't stand hot weather.

[RANT]At least with cold weather you can put the heating on/put extra layers on/stay in bed.
Hot weather, you just have to put up with it.

Getting all hot and sweaty, as well as losing all energy and motivation.
Sleepless nights, long arduous days.

What the heck is the good points?
Oh right, my skin may get a little bit browner; big woop.
More likely, my skin will turn bright bloody red...
[/RANT]

I complain in the summer, but still like it a little warmer, just got in and got ice crystals on my nose, that's how bloody cold it is, I want to live somewhere warm where you can sit on your porch late in the evening, but I think id miss home but think it,d be worth it

zeon Wrote:I have come to the conclusion bowyn arreow must live in a desert lol his got his gardening projects whilst my concrete garden is struggling to produce even a single weed

I live in the Great Central Valley of California. Without man's irrigation and flood controls, the central valley would yearly flood becoming a great shallow lake during winter and spring mountain snow melt, then become a dry, dead prairie in summer as all the weeds/grasses would go brown.

One of the reasons why we produce 55% of the food that the USA produces (which the USA feeds 60% of the world - that is a lot of food) is due to our 3 season long growing season.

Each summer a high pressure zone developes over southern California which sends all the and cold wind through Oregon and Washington State, that loops around and goes barreling down southward through the plain states resulting in the spring Tornadoes - the air picks up a lot of Cold from Canada. That all meets warm tropical air from the gulf that ends up piling lots of rain and snow on the central states and the coastal states.

Crazy weather this week in London... yesterday was a shiny day, and today was not bad...

Same in Kent, nice & mild temp, bit, of, wind

global weirding!