Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California and its drought
I feel really sorry for my friends in California. I read not so long ago that scientists predict that within a year California will have no water:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/18...43534.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

It is bad....

The part of Silicon Valley I live in has reservoirs and lakes...and they are all critically low...starting to disappear.

The people who think that what we do to the environment has no consequences are insane....or greedy.

Pretty much every scientist alive agrees...yet the Republicans seem to know "a secret" ..

Their secret...it will cut into the profit of the very rich and greedy in order to comply with regulations that would slow down and stop the pollution...period.

They hate science (unless it is convenient for them)...and love religion...and if they could they would teach The Bible and 86 science in the school system...hmmm..I wonder why....

When you are dealing with the insanity and the endless drivel...it helps to keep it simple.

Yikes, that looks pretty bad on those images! If I could ship you some of our drizzle and rain I would. Come to think of it, we've had a lot less rain than usual ourselves this year.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

This year the winter in Palm Springs was absolutely beautiful, but that is actually kind of a problem. Although it is a desert, much of the little bit of rain that does come occurs in the winter and there was almost none. January had many days in the 80's when the average temp is only 70 and February was in the 80's all days except a few and we hit 100 in March.

Most Americans are myopic enough to see this as a "California problem"...some going so far as to consider it Calfornia's just desserts for having grown too far too fast, and for not developing proper infrastructure. But it's anything but. California gives America roughly 50% of our produce.

99% of artichokes
99% of walnuts
97% of kiwis
97% of plums
95% of celery
95% of garlic
89% of cauliflower

Lex