Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Came out... officially?
My first thought here would be "fuck your parents". Seriously. Fuck your parents.

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner you start planning to get out of that environment the better. And do search for other people than can serve as a supportive base, cause honestly, it will be best for you if you do.

For the time being, prey on denial. Denial is a powerful thing with people like your parents and if there is a chance that they want to hear nothing of this is true, take it. There is no shame in this, if it means keeping a roof over your head for the moment.

But, start planning to move elsewhere, soon.

I don't know if you can reach out to anyone, LGBT center, something, but do it.

I'm sorry it has to be like this. My guess is that at some point your bravery will be rewarded.

Bighug
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Thanks for the kind words and advice, guys.

There's no doubt in my mind I need to leave this place, and I really hate (and getting tired) of living this lie to make "them" smile.

But, I mean, if it does mean keeping this roof over the head for the time being, I don't know. It seems so simple yet, difficult.
But probably is the way to go now.

Thanks for making me feel wanted in this world. Smile

dwightc Wrote:Thanks for the kind words and advice, guys.

There's no doubt in my mind I need to leave this place, and I really hate (and getting tired) of living this lie to make "them" smile.

But, I mean, if it does mean keeping this roof over the head for the time being, I don't know. It seems so simple yet, difficult.
But probably is the way to go now.

Thanks for making me feel wanted in this world. Smile

Make sure you come back if you ever need people to talk with again Dwight Smile

Thank you. Smile

I lied to my parents today. Told them, I don't know what was I thinking, and that I "needed Jesus."
And they said next Sunday they will be taking me to the church to get baptized.

As if that's gonna make a difference.

I hope it doesn't hurt. Sad

dwightc Wrote:Thank you. Smile

I lied to my parents today. Told them, I don't know what was I thinking, and that I "needed Jesus."

Of course it won't. And it's such bullshit. But if that's what it takes to keep a roof over your head whilst you sort yourself out... I feel for you dude.

dwightc Wrote:Thank you. Smile

This is probably the best you can do for now. Don't mention it again if it means compromising your safety. Work on getting out of there, to a new environment in which you won't have to hide and you won't suffer something like this.

Baptism? Oh well, you know, they throw some holy water on you and you catch on fire if you're a sinner.....oh wait...I got baptized when I was 11 and that didn't happen :biggrin:

Seek whatever tangible help from anyone that is trustworthy. Contact a group like people ave suggested on this thread.

Stay strong!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Try to be strong, I still can't believe how in the hell a parent hates his own kid because his sexuality, it is horrific, but if you make it, get a job and get out of that house, you'll be the winner, and of course you are wanted, life is not just about your parents Smile

One of the things that makes me comfortable is being totally independent of my parents and my family, so work on that and you'll be good.

I wish I can help you more Smile

Thanks for the kind words; thisis what I needed, not fake love.

When next Sunday comes, I won't be getting baptized. Nothing about me needs to be "cleansed".

Which shouldn't be a problem, as long as they "know" I'm "not" gay, we're good.

Its gonna be a long road, but as long as I can get there in one peace, it'll be worth it.

Well before anal sex, certain parts of you need to be cleansed...

Stick it out over there until you have enough money to rent your own place. Make it a priority, and you'll soon be away from them.

I wish I could help you where your parents are concerned, but their mindset is what it is. For now, you probably can't do much to change it. So keep the peace, and get out as soon as possible.

Look for other gay people in your area or close by. Try to make new friends. You're not alone, and it will get better.
''Do I look civilized to you?''