Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Gays Become Straight?
Can Gays Become Straight? Why or Why Not?

I think it depends on the person. I don't think I could go "straight."

The reason is, I've always been attracted to men. I can remember being 10 or 11 and thinking about the guys on tv. I didn't know what that meant, but I knew I liked it. There are women in my life that I am very much emotionally involved with, but never sexually. I just don't like women in that way.

I really believe that sexuality is based on genetics and therefor cannot be changed naturally. It's whether or not you choose to aknowledge your sexuality or not. If you were raised to believe that you should have a wife and a kid and that is what YOU want, you can choose to do that. Some are able to do that for life, many cannot.

Sexuality is too complicated to fit nicely into a little box. There is desire and choice that comes into the picture.

I'd say no...

the most to going back to straight you could be is bi. You could go and live a straight life after same sex relationships, but you'd never be truly straight.

I'd say yes, cause I know a guy that have. A fanatic bible bender, but a strong will can do anything.

I also think that a prison sentence can make any hardcore gay basher into a sodomizer.

No i dont think gays can become straight. But yea they can become Bi as i have myself.

More importantly i think Sexual Orientation is like a continuum with Gay on one side and Straight on the other and people tend to move in between because of different situations or enviromental factors governing them.

feelmychampagne Wrote:More importantly i think Sexual Orientation is like a continuum with Gay on one side and Straight on the other and people tend to move in between because of different situations or enviromental factors governing them.

Excellent point.I agree.

feelmychampagne Wrote:No i dont think gays can become straight. But yea they can become Bi as i have myself.

So if gays can become bi,then can bi become staight?
Spiny Maybe the whole changing process would be GAY => BI => STRAIGHT.

I think it's a bit simplistic to say that sexuality is purely genetic. From what I've read, and from my own personal experience, sexuality is an amazingly complicated condition that's influenced by all kinds of factors. Sure, genetics probably play a part, predisposing us to develop in certain ways, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's also affected by our environment, experiences and personal beliefs.

If sexuality is indeed a result of so many influences, then it stands to reason that your sexuality can change, just like your exposure to those influences. Like practically everything else in life, our responses to both internal and external factors are very personal and each person is likely to develop in their own way. It makes sense, then, that some people might have a very fluid sexuality, whereas others are more likely to remain fixed in their orientation.

So yeah. I reckon a person who starts off identifying as gay can "change" that identification.

ThriftyBat Wrote:From what I've read, and from my own personal experience, sexuality is an amazingly complicated condition that's influenced by all kinds of factors.

Agree with that Confusedmile:

ThriftyBat Wrote:that some people might have a very fluid sexuality, whereas others are more likely to remain fixed in their orientation.

Cool Cool view.Awesome.I cannot agree more.

I was married and have 2 kids. I lived a so called "straight" life for a long time. I have been in a gay realtionship for 2 years. I always knew I was gay. Now that it is confirmed, It would be very difficult to go back. I was basically a gay man in a straight man's body. It sucked.