Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you suggest me some gay themed series?
Thanks fro suggestion. I'll really watch this.

I think to see how things work is chanable from culture to culture. and human beings and their nature is always similar. At least, I believe in that way Smile.

If you want to see a completely distorted view of what homosexuals are like in France, there was a threesome of films called La Cage Aux Folles, entertaining but quite unrelated to any gay life we know today. It's a thing of the comedic past, I'd say.
[Image: La_Cage_aux_folles.jpg] [Image: cage-aux-folles-affiche.jpg]

France has moved on quite a bit on this... A recent film by André Téchiné called Quand On A 17 Ans , beautifully scripted and moving, is much closer to the (modern day) mark. I would suggest it, but it's a tv film. I don't know how and when it will be available for download or purchase. Many of Téchiné's films include a gay storyline, as he is gay himself. They are often inward looking and emotionally satisfying.

[Image: Quandona17ansBi.jpg]
[Image: 3378-quand-on-a-17-ans-d-andre-techine_5571189.jpg]
Here's a naked picture of the leads.
http://66.media.tumblr.com/bf956e31e887a...7_1280.jpg

La Cage Aux Folles was remade in the US as... The Bird Cage starring Robin Williams. Pretty hilarious movie.

I might have a link to streaming gay movies...
Will check it out later to see if it's still working.
Use a condom.

RomanticMan Wrote:I'm really not into animes. I tried to watch one but I just dont like them maybe.
I dont know why I dont like animes. Maybe the topic was not interesting, or maybe I want to see a real human face or I dont know...

You probably watched bad anime and/or you didn't watch it with the superior japanese dub (non-japanese dub tends to be unconvincing and cheesy in anime), but some people just aren't into it.

Marcus Wrote:You probably watched bad anime and/or you didn't watch it with the superior japanese dub (non-japanese dub tends to be unconvincing and cheesy in anime), but some people just aren't into it.

I watched it non-dub. I dont like films with dub. Maybe the problem was translation who knows.

RomanticMan Wrote:I'm really not into animes. I tried to watch one but I just dont like them maybe.
I dont know why I dont like animes. Maybe the topic was not interesting, or maybe I want to see a real human face or I dont know...

Maybe it was because they spoke in japanese? There are quite a few anime with english speech, but most of them suck Tongue
Oh and, the plural of anime is anime xD Yeah I know, sounds better with the S at the end, but still wrong Tongue
English Tongue

Ibex Wrote:Maybe it was because they spoke in japanese? There are quite a few anime with english speech, but most of them suck Tongue
Oh and, the plural of anime is anime xD Yeah I know, sounds better with the S at the end, but still wrong Tongue
English Tongue

I think the problem is not the language. I can listen to thing in different language.
Here comes a grammar nazi! Big Grin haha. Thanks for correcting me. I didnt know that.

Here's that link:
https://myreadingmanga.info/gay-films/
Use a condom.

sillyboy86 Wrote:"Looking" :-) 2 short seasons about 8-10 episodes each and a final tv movie.

AAAAHHHHHHH !!!! OMG Thank you sooo much for pointing out the movie. I saw the whole series and I was mad because they cancelled the show. Now I can find closure. You've set my soul free. Now I can die in peace lol jk

I read this in the French page of Wikipedia and thought it was interesting, about the term anime which I always thought was from the French. A cartoon (moving one) is called un dessin animé in French. In English we have the word 'animation' which apparently is something like ''animēshon'' in Japanese, although written in their own writing, katakana. The term appears after the second world war, derived from the English 'animation' under American occupation, or according to another theory derived from the French "dessin animé". Its diminutive 'anime' starts to spread around the 1960s and 1970s, completely replacing the terms of "manga eiga" and "teribi" in the 1980s. The term essentially reflects the profound modification of the animation production from the Toei animation studios, with two main axes : long cheap commercial tv series like the archetype Astro, the tiny robot, and long animation features imitating the Disney model.

"Le terme animēshon, écrit en katakana, apparaît également après-guerre, dérivé du mot anglais «*animation*» sous l'occupation américaine, ou selon une autre théorie du français «*dessin animé*». Son diminutif anime se diffuse dans les années 1960 et 1970, supplantant définitivement manga eiga et terebi manga dans la décennie 1980-1990. Le terme reflète essentiellement la profonde modification de la production d'animation après-guerre portée par le studio Tōei animation, avec deux grands axes*: les longues séries télévisées commerciales à bas coût dont Astro, le petit robot reste l'archétype, et les longs métrages d'animation sur le modèle de Disney."
But if it was derived from the French the S for the plural would be perfectly acceptable.