Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cecil the lion
Anocxu Wrote:I'm really trying to empathize your stance..
Did you read the read the same page?

Why do you think officials are looking for this guy?

Cuddly.. this isn't a giant misunderstanding. .

He paid 50000$ to commit a crime? Not for the trip or stay, for the guides to lead him to the kill. It's his what? 50th time? Going big game hunting. He just wants to shoot at the wonders of the world with his bow and arrow and mount the trophies above his minneapolis fireplace.
I think they're looking for him to help the case against the guides. I can't imagine a succesful dentist being stupid enough to pay to go poaching.
It's not like as if he's hiding from the law, he has just fled his home to escape the torch, tar & feathers.
The one thing that doesn't add up is him not seeing the GPS collar around the lion's neck while he was lining up the shot.

It's a disgusting sport, but it's legal and thankfully not mainstream nor cheap. Innocent until proven otherwise. Just because he took down a bear at the wrong x,y doesn't mean he goes targetshopping at the zoo.
If it turns out that he paid them to set it up, sure, fry the guy.

Cuddly Wrote:He paid 50000$ to commit a crime?

Yes..
The same as paying 20,000 for an Asian teenage girl on the trafficking market..
It's a crime!

HE paid $50,000 to the best in the business to ensure he wouldn't get caught. ..

50,000 for smooth acess.. very little attention and a successful outcome

Who pays 50 grand to kill unless the risk was high.??

50 grand to commit a crime..?

The most successful bank heists and Armoured Vehicle robberies in history ..after being investigated showed criminals invested hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire the best in the business. .for equipment. .insider information..power grid..security operations.. way before the robberies occur. .Just to give you an example.

Being a dentist has absolutely nothing to do with his virtue or respect for the law..

Our line of reasoning proves an awkward mismatch. .
We really could keep going back and fourth.. after this post I chose not to..

I will not defend some dentist that has a history of blood lust for endangered animals. .that's exactly what he is..
His sick fantasy is to have a collection of the greatest animals stuffed and mounted

Look up the word 'Poaching'..

Poaching*:
The illegal hunting, killing, or capturing of wild animals, usually associated with land use rights.

I don't mean to defend him, I just don't like the idea of a could-be innocent guy being forced from his home, by jounalists and WAPs.

Cuddly Wrote:I don't mean to defend him, I just don't like the idea of a could-be innocent guy being forced from his home, by jounalists and WAPs.

Except he wasn't innocent. Even though he has said that he regrets killing Cecil, that was exactly what he did and under terms that we hardly favourable to the lion.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

OnTheBeach Wrote:One of the reasons I don't post on this site often is because EVERY post has to be approved. Is it because they only want one view presented or are they a bunch of nazi's running this place?

No. You have to reach 50 posts first. This is to weed out trolls.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

OnTheBeach Wrote:One of the reasons I don't post on this site often is because EVERY post has to be approved. Is it because they only want one view presented or are they a bunch of nazi's running this place?

After 50 posts, that stops. I suggest playing in the word-games...
~Beaux

[Image: 150727121814-cecil-the-lion-2-large-169.png]

Honorable creature gunned down by coward.

[Image: 136111-004-C620AA83.jpg]

Lunch.

Lex

Really awful.
I don't get outraged by crap like this anymore, just depressed.
If only people would get so outraged and energised when similarly awful things happen to humans.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Honestly i don't hate the guy I just feel sad for him.
He is really, truly pathetic. He chose a safe, boring but well-paid career, he's done nothing and achieved anything worth a damn with his life.

So he makes himself feel better by killing dangerous rare animals with a weapon at a range where he couldn't conceivably be in any danger. Then prances the carcass around like he's done something incredible. What a clown.

It's all so pointless, I can't understand why people would find this kind of thing entertaining. That poor lion was hunted, whilst already in pain after being injured, for 40 hours. Disgusting.