Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cecil the lion
OnTheBeach Wrote:2) It's embarrassing that more people seem to be outraged about a dead lion than the millions of human beings that have been aborted in the USA in the last 40 years. I doubt most people know that more black babies were aborted last year in NYC than were born. If you doubt me -- google it.

this is off topic, but there's no outrage there because there's nothing wrong with abortion.

all we need is additional millions of human beings on this planet whose parents didn't want them, and/or didn't have the means to have a child, and/or who would have been born into poverty. if anything, we need more abortions.

a dead lion uselessly killed by a coward is absolutely worse.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:this is off topic, but there's no outrage there because there's nothing wrong with abortion.

all we need is additional millions of human beings on this planet whose parents didn't want them, and/or didn't have the means to have a child, and/or who would have been born into poverty. if anything, we need more abortions.

a dead lion uselessly killed by a coward is absolutely worse.

I just want to repeat what you said so brilliantly......

We are lucky..shills usually leaves us alone..we are small...but all over the internet..the same talking points this week try to link abortion to Cecil...so I choose to repeat what you said meridian rather than feed the beast....

airlines are starting to ban transport of hunting trophies:

airlines

The Economist Wrote:Delta Air Lines, the American carrier with the largest footprint in Africa, confirmed on Monday that it is banning all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies from its cargo holds. Its decision was, effectively, a capitulation to an online petition that has amassed nearly 400,000 signatures (and which was launched months before Cecil's death). Two other US carriers—United Airlines and American Airlines—quickly followed suit.

those pictures where they pose with the slain animals are absolutely disgusting. there's nothing to be proud of there. these people are just flying in, shown the way, and then just pulling the trigger. that's not hunting. it's murder.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:airlines are starting to ban transport of hunting trophies:

airlines

I believe that British Airways will be following suit also.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

meridannight Wrote:airlines are starting to ban transport of hunting trophies:

airlines

those pictures where they pose with the slain animals are absolutely disgusting. there's nothing to be proud of there. these people are just flying in, shown the way, and then just pulling the trigger. that's not hunting. it's murder.

Exaaaactly my point. They fly to a location, hire locals with permits and shoot the target the local guide pointed at, then they pose, skin and go home.
The "sport" is disgusting. It's not as disgusting as the misguided or premature jusging of the hunters though.
Should the sport be outlawed? Yes. Is it? No!

As for the whole abortion discussion, abortions are a terrible thing and the could-have-been parents will live with that ghost for the rest of their days, but it's their choice. They will have reasons.

Well, anyway, I was going to join this whole abortion debate, but then I decided, WTF this is a lion thread.
Anywho, there's a big difference between hunting lions and hunting deer.
I enjoy eating venison, and black bears are delicious. Fur is comfy to wear, too. So, hate me, curse me, I don't really give a fuck. I live in an area where deer hunting is popular and just about all the hunters I know disapprove of killing lions.
The killing of Cecil is a tragedy but it's somewhat sickening to use it to further the political agenda of outlawing all forms of hunting.