Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chick Fil-A and other anti gay companies
^^

I believe Firefox still got paid just by your using it because the traffic is recorded and that influences how much money they get from advertisement. And then they would...or in this case could...use that money to fund anti-gay causes, whether it's something as Prop 8 or even, as Chick Fil A did, go to groups that get "kill the gays" bills passed in Africa (and showing what their "Christian love" wants to have happen here in the US as soon as they think they can get away with it).

Luckily, that was one man who was removed (voluntarily stepped down for the good of their company, IIRC) so it's not a big deal in this case. The boycott and (justified) howling worked. But it might matter more in the future.

In the meantime take a moment to enjoy how conservatives threw a fit over that when it was the free market (which includes boycotts that conservatives use a lot themselves) influencing Firefox, just as conservatives say should be the case. :tongue:

Oh, and as for the original question...no I don't support businesses that give money or otherwise push for harming me directly or killing people in Africa over sexual orientation. I'll overlook personal bigotry, but when their profits from paying customers then go to fund oppression and worse then I find someone else to buy from. (Now if I could only boycott many government programs the same way...)

East Wrote:She became a born again Christian and said that AIDS was God's punishment for our lifestyle choice...or something similar.

After many years she claims she didn't say it but I don't believe her. Some people do believe her.

We banned her music in the nightclub ...I was soooooooooooooooooo happy.

VidasParalelas Wrote:I believe you are correct on what Donna Summer said. I think if it were false she would have taken legal action against the person who exposed what se said and sued for libel. A celebrity wouldn't just not do anything to defend themselves against something so slanderous.

It's really a shame that even after her death Donna Summer has to fight this battle.

Donna Summer denies ever making those comments, and she DID sue New York magazine for printing the story, and the case was settled out of court when the magazine was unable to produce any proof that she made the comments.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I wouldn't buy any product whose profits go to promoting hate/descrimination of any people. But how do I know?

CellarDweller Wrote:It's really a shame that even after her death Donna Summer has to fight this battle.

Donna Summer denies ever making those comments, and she DID sue New York magazine for printing the story, and the case was settled out of court when the magazine was unable to produce any proof that she made the comments.

Yeah...there was definitely controversy as to whether she said it or not which is why I said "I believe"...I don't know for a fact because I wasn't there. I do believe she said it and then felt sorry about it afterward...maybe not sorry that she thought it but sorry that she said it as it hurt her career. That kind of thinking is often standard with a large number of the newly born again crowd.

I have to admit that my feelings might be biased because I didn't like her very much. I worked in a nightclub for 20 years and had music blasting in my ear all night...every night...and Bad Girls sent me over the edge. I quite liked her first major release...Love To Love You Baby...and also Could It Be Magic right after that... but her mainstream Bad Girls album drove me crazy (especially Sunset People...UGH) and I started to think of her as a piece of wood who could sing and I personally disliked her before I heard about what she (allegedly) said....

I didn't like Whitney Houston much either...

I don't knowingly patronize business that broadcast an anti-gay message, but I am aware that it is impossible to follow all the details all of the time.

The Barilla mess reminded me that, though I am fond of their pasta, I eat too much of the stuff to keep my diabetes under control.

I don't go into Chick-Fil-A only because of the anti-gay thing. I avoid it also because of the sticky 'niceness' that permeates the place. It is repulsive.
I bid NO Trump!

East Wrote:Yeah...there was definitely controversy as to whether she said it or not which is why I said "I believe"...I don't know for a fact because I wasn't there. I do believe she said it and then felt sorry about it afterward...maybe not sorry that she thought it but sorry that she said it as it hurt her career. That kind of thinking is often standard with a large number of the newly born again crowd.

I have to admit that my feelings might be biased because I didn't like her very much. I worked in a nightclub for 20 years and had music blasting in my ear all night...every night...and Bad Girls sent me over the edge. I quite liked her first major release...Love To Love You Baby...and also Could It Be Magic right after that... but her mainstream Bad Girls album drove me crazy (especially Sunset People...UGH) and I started to think of her as a piece of wood who could sing and I personally disliked her before I heard about what she (allegedly) said....

I didn't like Whitney Houston much either...

I love Donna Summer, I must say that my fave song of hers is one of her much later releases, her version of "I Will Go With You".

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

K.F.C. Is so much better anyway.
and theres popeyes chicken.
Wendy's has a pretty good chicken menu.
I'm suddenly hungry for chicken.

JimmyEcho Wrote:K.F.C. Is so much better anyway.
and theres popeyes chicken.
Wendy's has a pretty good chicken menu.
I'm suddenly hungry for chicken.

The only one I eat at is El Pollo Loco...the spicy avocado sauce has become a necessary condiment for my grilled chicken. I keep having the urge to just drink it...probably not a great ideaBiglaugh

I will not buy Russian vodka until they take down the "gay propaganda" law over there. Since we buy a bottle maybe once every 4-5 years this won't hurt them very much, but it's the thought that counts.
I never go to fast food places unless I'm traveling, so it's easy to avoid Sick-feel-eh.

And I almost never drink OJ either.

Avoiding Exxon/Mobile gas-stations is also not much of an issue.LeapfrogLeapfrog

Or Fox-news, Puke
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.