Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chickens and Humans
This past month, the human population reach seven billion. Also, for the first time in our history, a plurality of humans now live in extremely dense cities. The largest of these metropolises are now Tokyo (34.3 mil), Guangzhou (25.2 mil), and Seoul (25.1 mil). The densest of these metropolises is Manila, which crams in 43000/km^2 or 110000/mi^2.

With this news, two older videos seem more relevant than ever.

Your thoughts on this news and these videos?

cloud999 Wrote:This past month, the human population reach seven billion. Also, for the first time in our history, a plurality of humans now live in extremely dense cities. The largest of these metropolises are now Tokyo (34.3 mil), Guangzhou (25.2 mil), and Seoul (25.1 mil). The densest of these metropolises is Manila, which crams in 43000/km^2 or 110000/mi^2.

With this news, two older videos seem more relevant than ever.

Your thoughts on this news and these videos?

I live near Manila and I didn't know that. Lol

things will have to get really bad before the population declines. many densely populated cities have socially conservative governments. isnt gay natures population control?

i cant believe how sad everyone was in those videos. i think i saw only one person smile

I personally don't think that we are in a danger with the number of people on the planet, I think the danger comes from the fact that we don't have a very effecient allocation of resources across the globe. You look at countries like China, and India that have a hard time feeding their populations then you look at countries like the US where we produce something like 20 times the food we need to feed our population. The resources exist, we just need to get better at giving everybody access to them.
Richard

If there was a issue with human lifesatyle nature would step in and either A, Cull a few in a freak storm or B, Cull a few in another disaster whether it be weather water or harvest.... Nature controls us and once its done a deed it will move on to the next thing on the adjender

Its a problem of not stacking the bodies correctly. If we allocated a little less room,and built higher up there is more than enough room for billions and billions more.

For the record, that above is sarcasm.

I am very much a creature of the green wood. I don't do 'cities' and apartment living. I did live in San Francisco for nearly 5 years. I was not very happy there. I don't get how people can live so close together, literally on on top another. They can't really be happy being packed into a city with little green and little space.

I am of the mind that Mom (Nature) is getting a wee bit tired of us. While we do not have any large predators to keep us in check, Mom does have more than one trick up her sleeve.

With these large dense populations, may of which are sharing space with chickens... I can't help but to think of a few letters and numbers. H1N1 H1N5 I also think of petri dishes, all of those people each providing a unique environment for mutation and mingling.

We humans can either do this the 'nice' way, and through proactively curbing our habit of breeding like rabbits, thus reduce the birth rate to allow the natural death rate to reduce our numbers, or we can wait until Mom decides to clean house.

I have been around long enough to know that humans are animals capable of reasoning, this does not mean we are reasoning animals.

Thus we will go about our happy way, pushing the envelope until that superflu strain comes into being, spreading across the world leaving death in such high numbers that our artificial world collapses.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Its a problem of not stacking the bodies correctly. If we allocated a little less room,and built higher up there is more than enough room for billions and billions more.

For the record, that above is sarcasm.

I am very much a creature of the green wood. I don't do 'cities' and apartment living. I did live in San Francisco for nearly 5 years. I was not very happy there. I don't get how people can live so close together, literally on on top another. They can't really be happy being packed into a city with little green and little space.

I am of the mind that Mom (Nature) is getting a wee bit tired of us. While we do not have any large predators to keep us in check, Mom does have more than one trick up her sleeve.

With these large dense populations, may of which are sharing space with chickens... I can't help but to think of a few letters and numbers. H1N1 H1N5 I also think of petri dishes, all of those people each providing a unique environment for mutation and mingling.

We humans can either do this the 'nice' way, and through proactively curbing our habit of breeding like rabbits, thus reduce the birth rate to allow the natural death rate to reduce our numbers, or we can wait until Mom decides to clean house.

I have been around long enough to know that humans are animals capable of reasoning, this does not mean we are reasoning animals.

Thus we will go about our happy way, pushing the envelope until that superflu strain comes into being, spreading across the world leaving death in such high numbers that our artificial world collapses.

No disrespect intended, but I would like to ask, what evidence convinces you that mankind is dangerous to the planet. Yes, we do dumb things, but in the end, the planet is a big enough eco system that it can absorb I think all of our stupidity. Would love to hear your opinion.
Richard