Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Out?
Hey everyone,
I met a good friend of mine at the mall during this week. I haven't seen her in so long, and we went to Junior prom together. She really liked me at the time too. We decided we would go grab some food over the weekend and catch up on things and what's been going on.

I knew the dreadful question about relationships would eventually turn up during the conversation and I was getting really nervous about going. I told myself yesterday that I would just be honest with myself and with her.

We make it to the restaurant and sit down to order some food and start going over how everything has been and what's been happening. Low and behold the relationship questions start flying and I get really tense and nervous :eek: She asked me if I had a girlfriend and/ or currently dating.

So much was running through my mind during that time and I thought I was prepared for this Sad

So after some hesitation I told her in my situation it was a bit complicated and that was due to the fact that I was gay.

I can't believe how hard it can be to say it for the first time even though I have accepted it myself. She was totally cool with it, but I feel like I disappointed her in some way. Almost like she was trying to spark a relationship with me and now there's no chance at that. (besides being friends)

It's weird after coming out and very nerve racking during the process, but I can finally say after 22 years of being in the closet, I am out. I hope it gets easier from this point on.

Thanks everyone.

[Image: wave.gif]
CONGRATULATION! You did it! Bighug It's great she took it okay and there is a chance you two remain friends.

Congrats Lunar, the first time is always the hardest, to realise that you have actually said the words that you wanted to say is like a heart stopping moment. It get easier as you go along and realise that it really doesn't change the person you are and people will just embrace you for who you are not what you are.

Good luck on the rest of your journey Wink

Congrats! Welcome to the rest of your life. The first person is always the hardest, but it gets a little easier with each person

The first person I told laughed in my face. She is and always will be my best friend and also happens to be a tactless idiot sometimes. I had the same feeling back then like you did just after telling her. But now we're probably better friends then we would be if I hadn't told her. Trust in your decision to tell her and I'm sure your friendship will be stronger for it.

if she appeared as a reliable friend:
in a few days you might talk to her again along the lines she was the first one you talked to and how nervous you felt. kinda a thank you format thing.

at least she was informed, knew what gay meant to her.

Hello,
May i personally congratulate you on achieving something which can be harder for some than others... Now the next movement i would do is ask your friend to support you in helping you reveal yourself to people you want to and act as a middle person in the event that someone gets upset with it and if anyone asks questions tell them that your still you and the only thing you've done is be honest about a sexual orientation point

Kindest regards and well done dead pleased for yas

zeon x

pellaz Wrote:if she appeared as a reliable friend:
in a few days you might talk to her again along the lines she was the first one you talked to and how nervous you felt. kinda a thank you format thing.

at least she was informed, knew what gay meant to her.

I'll definitely do so. She informed me that several of our friends from High School came out too several years ago, so she has been through this before. She's a great friend :biggrin:

zeon Wrote:Hello,
May i personally congratulate you on achieving something which can be harder for some than others... Now the next movement i would do is ask your friend to support you in helping you reveal yourself to people you want to and act as a middle person in the event that someone gets upset with it and if anyone asks questions tell them that your still you and the only thing you've done is be honest about a sexual orientation point

Kindest regards and well done dead pleased for yas

zeon x

Thanks Zeon,
I know I shouldn't journey through this alone and that I'm going to need some support. I'm really surprised by how much I've changed over the years. Hoping for the best Confusedmile:

congrats lunar! job well done. When I first came out to the first person they were surprised and didnt see it coming. but now her and I are much better friends. Im just afraid of telling my family. but best wishes coming out to more people.

Congrat's very proud of you.
Mexicanwave