Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflicted between getting in trouble and feelings
So. My dads birthday is coming up and I was on facebook, when I saw my uncle and one of my aunts post a picture of my dad years and years and years before I was born in his boat. They say he loved that boat and I want to show him. The problem? My mom is 100% against facebook and doesnt want me using it until im 16. Im just about the most impatient person on earth and ive been busted for having a facebook account before. A lot of people on here have some complicated and terrible relationship with their parents, but im not one of them. I have a great relationship with my parents, and we're close. I mean REALLY close, so I tend to get emotional over things like that pic. So heres my dilemma...should I show my dad, who would ask what the site is and if I said probably mention it to my mom, or not show at all and feel guilty?

Lol? Show the picture -_- Everyone has facebook profile starting at age 12-13, and uf you have a good relationship with your parents I don't think they will make a drama for this haha

Surely the pic exists elsewhere besides FB. Can you ask your aunt or uncle for pix of the old boat? You could even hint or insinuate that your dad had been talking of old times (if you really want to cover yourself, ask your dad about old times, and even if he doesn't mention it he might assume he did and forgot, and that assumes if they even think to ask). You might even find a better pic that way, or several pics to share rather than just the one.

Also, do you need to have FB to access this pic? If not then you could say you came across it doing a google search on your dad or family (I seriously doubt they'll try to recreate the search to check, and if they do then claim you used a bunch of search terms and don't remember them all) and you should be able to get a color printout of it at your library.

Yea I do need FB to access it. Im pretty sure its the only copy of the pic on the internet

But the pic should exist OFF the internet as well, and it's with your aunt and uncle. If it got lost somehow so that it ONLY exists online then there are other pix of it...after all if your dad loved the boat then there should a lot of them.

That's what I meant about asking your aunt about getting the pix, I meant REAL WORLD pix (the kind you hold in your hand, not view with a computer), not online pix.

Excuse me. The issue here is not a picture of dad on his boat.

The issue here is your unmitigated gall to go breaking the laws of your home.

Your lucky your not my kid, I would get rid of every single bit of electronics in your life until you move out or until you are 21.

Your so close to your parents you feel you can slide the knife in deep and twist with your little rule breaking?

I'm sorry, I was never that close to my parents - mine were too busy beating me or some other horrible crap to have such closeness where I would break a rule and live to tell about it.

Now its Facebook, what other rules have you broken?

IF you are really close and have this sort of special relationship with your parents...

Well you ain't going to like this... However you will learn honesty and you will test this close relationship by telling mom what you have been up to and also telling her that you want the Aunt/Uncle to make a hard copy (printed copy) of the image for your dad.

And stay off Facebook until you are 16.... That is an Order from the High Elves of Mirkwood. Don't make us come after you and take your Facebook away that won't be pretty.

Pix Wrote:But the pic should exist OFF the internet as well, and it's with your aunt and uncle. If it got lost somehow so that it ONLY exists online then there are other pix of it...after all if your dad loved the boat then there should a lot of them.

That's what I meant about asking your aunt about getting the pix, I meant REAL WORLD pix (the kind you hold in your hand, not view with a computer), not online pix.

I live in Florida, my aunt & uncle live in Pennsylvania. It wont exact be easy getting a real life pic of it >.>, and my family has never been big on internet, they only used it to pay taxes and keep business files safe. So no, there wouldnt be more pics of that on the internet.

AbelD Wrote:Lol? Show the picture -_- Everyone has facebook profile starting at age 12-13, and uf you have a good relationship with your parents I don't think they will make a drama for this haha

Keep in mind I was already busted for an account and my mom wasnt happy. My dad doesnt really give a crap about the internet

If you had that good and close a relationship with your parents, I wonder why you would have a secret facebook account.

Still...

Could it be at all possible that you asked a friend who DOES have a facebook account, a friend you were with when these pics came to light, to email these images to you?

It wouldn't be too difficult to email them to him/her and for him/her to email them back.

Anonymous Wrote:I live in Florida, my aunt & uncle live in Pennsylvania. It wont exact be easy getting a real life pic of it >.>, and my family has never been big on internet, they only used it to pay taxes and keep business files safe. So no, there wouldnt be more pics of that on the internet.

That's what the US Post Office is for. They can put a pic in a card (to protect it from bending), or if they're nervous they can go to a photocopy shop who can make color copies on cardboard.