Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion help me
Im 14 nd i dont no if i shud tell my bffs or family that im gay,all i ever heard was to tell them when im ready and i am ready but im 14:/ so wat do i do?
(no pervs)

i did it at 15 (I), do you have like a really close close friend i found a girl is alot more understanding, one thats perhaps mentiond before that they have always wanted a gay best friend :l lol nahh just anyone who you are really close to and can trust, and at 14 its not too young... when your ready your ready no point living a lie, but yeah try telling a girl i find they are more understanidng

Ok tanks i no a very trusted girl 2 tellBig Grin

kind of ruined the hole annonomous thing right there but yeah i told claire and she creid, for me :L i felt happy and trust me it feels good to tell Smile

I'd say that you can take your time telling people;.. Coming out is often a long drawn out process, there are people who will probably never know you are gay... and they don't need to know! Others you'd feel more comfortable if they knew, your friends, your family, your colleagues (later on in life) maybe? But basically, once you've told ONE person, it just gets easier to tell someone else, especially if you get a good response. If you don't get a good response the first time, don't go back into the closet. Build up enough courage and strength again to tell someone who WILL be glad for you and glad you've been honest with them. Anyway, welcome to a new world of courtship.

Oh, incidentally, at fourteen, you are entitled to think that you are bi or at least tell people you are bi, because a lot of teenagers haven't really yet decided what they prefer. If you sense that your libido is geared mostly towards your own sex, then feel free to announce yourself as gay. Mostly, no one would expect a 14-year-old to be sure of their definite sexual orientation at such an early age. I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm saying it gives you some range and freedom to explore other things.

Robertsons advice there is sound, i would find a best friend who u can really trust and just tell that person. its a big wieght off your mind and you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself, it gets alot easier too once you've told your first too - you may feel that one person knowing is enough for right now as well -

Princealberts advice about saying your bi is also a wise option, if u know in your heart that your gay then "yay go gay" but if you have or think u may have feelings for girls then edge your bets n tell people your bi, it will be a lot earsier to have relationship with a girl at some point without having to retract to everyone that your not gay after all - hope it all goes well,

Funny, though, that no one would dream of advising caution to a fourteen year old boy who decides to date a girl because he could perhaps be bi and just in case he eventually settles on being gay Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Funny, though, that no one would dream of advising caution to a fourteen year old boy who decides to date a girl because he could perhaps be bi and just in case he eventually settles on being gay Rolleyes

wow, thats such a true observation

Anonymous Wrote:Im 14 nd i dont no if i shud tell my bffs or family that im gay,all i ever heard was to tell them when im ready and i am ready but im 14:/ so wat do i do?
(no pervs)

Sorry I'm a perv.

I can't answer

I don't think it's easy no matter what time of life you decide to do it, however I do think the earlier you discuss it, the easier it is in the long-term. I waited until I was 26 - whereas I could have said something a bit earlier on. I waited until I had my own place, and could fully support myself, income wise and mortgage wise before saying anything, just in case - or so I thought, however they told me they'd known for a long time, but had waited for me to tell them...

Start with people you trust, and take it step by step. You don't have to tell the whole world at once!