Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusion help me
I don't think theres a rush to come out at all. You may think its some huge secret at the moment and yeh it is big but your 14? Can I ask are you sure you are simply Gay? It may be bisexual you are only 14 and I don't think it should simply be hi im gay at that age.

Just be honest with yourself and do what feels right - Don't question whether you should or shouldnt tell people, just do things as it happens - don't be in a rush to grow up dude.

So basically what im trying to say... Do it when it feels right and natural - and not question or feel obliged to do it. x
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

matty7 Wrote:Robertsons advice there is sound

you have just made my day:biggrin: Rolleyes

I came out at 14 and i wouldn't advise it to anyone. You may well be ready for it and know in your heart of hearts whom you are, but your comtemporaries are most decidedly not. I not only had to start over again socially (with people i'd known since the age of 5) but also endured a lot of nastiness, especially from the ned guys in my school. Unless you, too, want to be beaten up and mugged and suchlike (and remember i grew up in EDINBURGH, it's not exactly povo), I remember one time they tried to set me on fire, i would say tell someone from whom you can put a great amount of distance should you need it.

You may be mentally ready to accept your sexuality but that doesn't mean anyone else is, sadly. Also don't even consider going down the sex route at that age, again you may think you're ready but if i could go back in a machine i SO would. I'm not even getting into what happened there.

There's so much more in your life you can focus on, especially at that age. If i'd have spent half the time i spent bothering about gayness and men on, say, practising my musical instruments i'd be studying for a diploma in music teaching right now. Funny how these things work out.

Give it a couple of years and you'll find that people become a LOT nicer, more mature and just generally less ignorant.

I've now said my bit. But, as they used to say on blind date, the choice is yours...

sox-and-the-city Wrote:...I've now said my bit. But, as they used to say on blind date, the choice is yours...
Bow Yelclap Bow

Just tell them for Christ sake, you're gay not a serial killer.

patric0909 Wrote:Just tell them for Christ sake, you're gay not a serial killer.

You either say this with arrogance set in your old ways of knowing best - or are completely rude and really not worth consideration. Someone so young shouldn't simply have JUST TELL THEM.

Surely you could of given some helpful advice and not been so rude? Especially for someone new :mad:

Okay dude asking ignore him. What an Ass of a response. Do it when it feels right and when you choose to not just because you feel you owe it - the only person you owe it to is yourself.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Yeh twazzles right on there, You do it when the time is right for you!! xx

sox-and-the-city Wrote:the choice is yours...

Twazzle Wrote:the only person you owe it to is yourself.

Xyxthumbs

I went to an all boys boarding school and I knew from a young age I was gay but found it very difficult to come out, the first person I told was a middle aged woman friend of my mums when I was 18 who I had befriended as well, it went well until I asked her to explain it to my mum as I couldn't tell her direct.... hence my mum when told never spoke to me for a couple of weeks which was heart breaking for me, but blood being thicker than water, we are obviously the best of friends now and wouldn't change my mum for the world.....

My point is....

Coming out is difficult for all of us and will continue to be for generations to come.......(I believe)

There is some sound advice on here, but mine is to remember it will get better as you grow into a young man and beyond, you will grow more confident and as you do, you will gain respect and with that respect you will gain trust and friendship.

I wish you much love and happiness Sir

This is Star Twister, Signing off for news at Gay Speak at 10

xx

As other people have said already yes it is your choice to come out. It doesn't matter what other people will think and if you think you are ready like you say you are then why not.

They is no age limit on when you should tell them by just do it when you feel confortable. I only did it last year to a close mate then told my family earlier this year and since then it has been great just to have it out in the open.

Good Luck ! x xx x

I wish I told my parents I were gay at 14 I just turned 18 and still didnt tell my mother. Like they said before my there is no age limit and in my opinion you can never really predict a person reaction, in some cases you might be suprised but good luck!Blahblah